• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home Security Dasuki Boycotts Trial over FG’s Disobedience to Court Orders
  • Security

Dasuki Boycotts Trial over FG’s Disobedience to Court Orders

By
Prnigeria
-
November 13, 2018
Sambo Dasuki
Sambo Dasuki

Dasuki to Boycott Trial over FG’s Disobedience to Court Orders
… Calls for an end to hypocrisy and partisan rule of law

The former National Security Adviser Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) has berated the Federal Government over his continued detention and disobedience to various court orders that admitted him on bails.

Dasuki in a strongly worded letter he personally signed and addressed to the Registrar of the Federal High Court Abuja vowed to boycott any proceeding for his trial since the federal government has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it would not obey any order of the court even if it is in his favour.

Dasuki had previously perfected bails granted him by five different judges of high courts including Justices Ademola Adeniyi, Justice Ahmed Mohammed and Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Abuja Federal High Court and Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf and Justice Peter Affen of the FCT High Courts. The ECOWAS Court of Justice also ordered his immediate release from detention.

In the letter dated November 12, 2018, the Ex-NSA recalled several court judgements which ordered his release from detention since December 2015 which were not obeyed and other decisions that admitted him to bail and which were also refused by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

In the letter, Dasuki said: “Prevailing circumstances have prompted me to write this letter to the court, the hope of every Nigerian citizens. Unfortunately, it seems to me that the current administration has so much interference with the judicial system, such that it has become practically impossible for the Court to maintain her independence, the administration of justice. My plight is of common Knowledge.”

Recalling how Buhari’s government refused to obey several court orders, Dasuki said he had to approach another court for the enforcement of his fundamental human right.

Read Also:

  • Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, Taraba
  • North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint
  • PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno

Dasuki said: “After the Federal Government failed to comply with all the bail orders and judgement of the ECOWAS court, I further approached the Federal High Court for the enforcement of my fundamental human right. In a judgment delivered by Hon. Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu on July 2, 2018, the court found that my right had been breached and accordingly ordered my release from detention. The conditions whereof the court admitted me to bail have been met, but I have still not been released from custody.

“I am very much apprehensive about the President’s (Buhari) statement, in that my rights will continually be violated and that no order for my release will be honoured by the Federal Government of Nigeria or any of its agencies.

“In reaction to my the judgement of the court enforcing my fundamental human right, an embarrassing statement was credited to Mr. Abubakar Malami SAN, the current Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice on 13 July 2018 after the bail conditions have been met, including the deposit of N100,000,000 One Hundred Million Naira) with the Registrar of the Federal High Court, stated that irrespective of the judgment directing the said release, the Federal Government would not comply

“At this juncture, it will seem that the Nigerian Government is not inclined to yield or obey the orders of any Court of Law; whether domestic or international. Ironically, the Federal Government still wants to ride on judicial wings to prosecute me, when it does not comply with Orders that proceed from the Court, especially in relation to me

“At this point, I strongly believe that there must be an end to this hypocrisy and lopsided/ partisan rule of law.

Since the Federal Government has resolved not to comply with judicial Orders directing my release, it is better for the Court to also absolve me of the need to submit myself for further prosecution. Justice should be evenly dispensed, as opposed to same, being in favour of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

However, at the resume trial today before Justice Ahmed Rahmat Mohammed, the counsel to Federal Government Chief Dipo Opeseyi told the court that Dasuki had deliberately refused to come to court because of his anger on certain steps taking by the government against him.

In his own reaction, Justice Muhammad directed the prosecution to always depose to an affidavit of evidence whenever the former NSA declined to come to court.

The Judge who said he had not received Dasuki’s letter formally however adjourned further trial till November 19, 2019.

By PRNigeria

VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • Bails
  • High Court
  • sambo dasuki
Previous articleTrust, Governance to Dominate Discussions at NIPR 2018 Abuja Conference
Next articleSolid Minerals Contributed N43.2Bn Govt Revenue in 2016-NEITI
Prnigeria
Prnigeria
https://prnigeria.com
PRNigeria is the pioneer Press Release Distribution agency in Nigeria. A member of image Merchant Promotions limited, PRNigeria encourages individuals and organisations to be more transparent in their information management. with dedicated Editorial staffs, the PRNigeria ensures that information provided on its platforms are timely, factual and authoritative Read more at: //prnigeria.com/about/
Facebook Twitter

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, Taraba

Muhammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister for Defence

North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint

PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno

President Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs at Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano

Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7

Picture of Trump and Femi Fani Kayode

Fani-Kayode Slams Trump’s Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign Conspiracy

No Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria – Hassan Kukah

How Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto Caliphate

Kanu of IPOB Arrested

SPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in Nigeria

AVM Lanre Ibrahim Oluwatoyin

Ilorin Emirate Youth Hail AVM Lanre Ibrahim Oluwatoyin (Rtd.) for Deepening Space Research, Education Projects

IMPR's Founder and Editor-in-Chief of PRNigeria, Alhaji Yashau Shuaib (right), the DG of NAN, Ali M. Ali (making a presentation to one of the new PRNigeria Communication Fellows), and the President of NUJ, Alhassan Yahya (left) in a group photo at the event.

FG, NUJ Harp on Media Integrity as PRNigeria Inducts 10 New Communication Fellows

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Nominates Fani-Kayode, Reno Omokri, 30 Others as Ambassadors, Seeks Senate Confirmation

NAF logo

NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, Taraba
  • North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint
  • PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno
  • Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7
  • Fani-Kayode Slams Trump’s Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign Conspiracy
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, TarabaNorth-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security BlueprintPHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in BornoTinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7Fani-Kayode Slams Trump's Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign ConspiracyNo Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria - Hassan KukahHow Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto CaliphateSPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in NigeriaMuslim Women Group Praises Rescue of Kebbi Schoolgirls, Calls for Immediate Action in Niger StateVP Shettima: Education is Nigeria's "Immune System," Declares Commitment to Increased FundingIlorin Emirate Youth Hail AVM Lanre Ibrahim Oluwatoyin (Rtd.) for Deepening Space Research, Education ProjectsFG, NUJ Harp on Media Integrity as PRNigeria Inducts 10 New Communication FellowsBREAKING: Tinubu Nominates Fani-Kayode, Reno Omokri, 30 Others as Ambassadors, Seeks Senate ConfirmationTinubu Appoints Mahmud, Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Others as AmbassadorsNAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services
X whatsapp