• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home Security After Metele Attack, Nigerian War Helicopters Strike Boko Haram Targets
  • Security

After Metele Attack, Nigerian War Helicopters Strike Boko Haram Targets

By
Prnigeria
-
November 25, 2018
airforce helicopter
airforce helicopter

After Metele Attack, Nigerian War Helicopters Strike Boko Haram Targets
…. Attackers Speak Foreign Languages
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has responded with heavy airstrikes directed at Boko Haram terrorists’ locations and vehicles after about one hundred soldiers were killed in a coordinated attack on a military base in Metele village of Guzamala Local Government Area, Borno State.

A top military intelligence officer told PRNigeria that the latest airstrikes had destroyed a convoy of vehicles linked to Boko Haram attackers involved in last week raid on the military base at Metele in Borno State.

The Boko Haram attackers had used rocket-propelled grenades, machine guns and AK47 rifles in raiding the military base where armored were vehicles destroyed, and a number of officers and men of the Nigerian Army killed.

“The Nigerian air force is following the trail of the terrorists and has successfully destroyed about seven vehicles including gun truck and eliminated all the terrorists in the vehicles,” the military source said.

“The air force deployed the Mi-35M, multi-role combat helicopters which delivers a more superior flight performance with high-precision weaponry in destroying ground targets.

Read Also:

  • Tinubu Promises Ruthless Pursuit of State Enemies, Commends Ex-Gov Audu’s Leadership
  • Governor Yusuf Bags CREED Award, Reaffirms Commitment to Justice and Urban Renewal
  • Pantami, Mujaddadi Foundations Partner to Train Bauchi Youths in AI and Cybersecurity

“Meanwhile, the aircraft also crossed the border into a neighboring country in hot pursuits where terrorists and stolen armored vehicles were destroyed.

“The airstrikes took place in Tumbun Rego, Kangarwa and Mainok. There were also similar attacks hours after the Sunday’s attack. We expect the Nigerian air force to release air strike footage soon.”

Meanwhile, indications have also emerged that most of the Boko Haram commanders and their foot soldiers who attacked the military base were none-Nigerians.

Another intelligence officer told PRNigeria in confidence that the attackers were speaking Arabic, French and some foreign languages.

The officer said: “Some of our soldiers who escaped after the rescue operation told us that the attackers dressed in military camouflage similar to the one wore by member countries of Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF). We learned that the attackers were not Nigerians as they spoke in Arabic, French and other strange languages when they first appeared like friendly force before they started to shoot at Nigerian troops.

“There is heighten suspicion that the deadliest attacks could not have taken place without collaborators probably within the military camp or the host community who could have been communicating with the terrorists before and after they stormed the locations.

“The military may likely engage in a tactical maneuver for forceful reinforcements of ground troops and air components in the affected areas in view of new developments.”

By PRNigeria

VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • Boko Haram
  • kangarwa
  • Mainok
  • Metele
  • Tumbun Rego
Previous articleNigeria , Japan Sign $21M Pact to Rehabilitate Lagos Transmission Substation
Next articleMetele Attack: Group Seeks Probe of Military Spending
Prnigeria
Prnigeria
https://prnigeria.com
PRNigeria is the pioneer Press Release Distribution agency in Nigeria. A member of image Merchant Promotions limited, PRNigeria encourages individuals and organisations to be more transparent in their information management. with dedicated Editorial staffs, the PRNigeria ensures that information provided on its platforms are timely, factual and authoritative Read more at: //prnigeria.com/about/
Facebook Twitter

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

Tinubu Promises Ruthless Pursuit of State Enemies, Commends Ex-Gov Audu’s Leadership

Pantami, Mujaddadi Foundations Partner to Train Bauchi Youths in AI and Cybersecurity

Guests and Participants at PRNigeria Young Communication FellowshipAbuja

IPRA Endorses National Spokespersons Awards as FG, NUJ Commend PRNigeria Fellowship

UNODC Hails Kaduna as National Benchmark for Drug Prevention, Treatment

JUST IN: Army Rescues 7 Abducted Victims in Kano Community

VIDEO NIGHT OP: How NAF Air Strikes Decimated Terrorist Bases in Katsina and ISWAP on Chibok

Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, Taraba

Muhammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister for Defence

North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint

PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno

President Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs at Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano

Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7

Picture of Trump and Femi Fani Kayode

Fani-Kayode Slams Trump’s Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign Conspiracy

No Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria – Hassan Kukah

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • Tinubu Promises Ruthless Pursuit of State Enemies, Commends Ex-Gov Audu’s Leadership
  • Governor Yusuf Bags CREED Award, Reaffirms Commitment to Justice and Urban Renewal
  • Pantami, Mujaddadi Foundations Partner to Train Bauchi Youths in AI and Cybersecurity
  • IPRA Endorses National Spokespersons Awards as FG, NUJ Commend PRNigeria Fellowship
  • UNODC Hails Kaduna as National Benchmark for Drug Prevention, Treatment
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
Tinubu Promises Ruthless Pursuit of State Enemies, Commends Ex-Gov Audu’s LeadershipGovernor Yusuf Bags CREED Award, Reaffirms Commitment to Justice and Urban RenewalPantami, Mujaddadi Foundations Partner to Train Bauchi Youths in AI and CybersecurityIPRA Endorses National Spokespersons Awards as FG, NUJ Commend PRNigeria FellowshipUNODC Hails Kaduna as National Benchmark for Drug Prevention, TreatmentJUST IN: Army Rescues 7 Abducted Victims in Kano CommunityVIDEO NIGHT OP: How NAF Air Strikes Decimated Terrorist Bases in Katsina and ISWAP on ChibokTroops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, TarabaNorth-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security BlueprintPHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in BornoTinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7Fani-Kayode Slams Trump's Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign ConspiracyNo Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria - Hassan KukahHow Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto CaliphateSPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in Nigeria
X whatsapp