• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home Government SP Lawan Warns South Africans: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attack...
  • Government

SP Lawan Warns South Africans: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attack on Nigerians

By
Mohammed Isa
-
July 15, 2019
Senate President Ahmed Lawan
Senate President Ahmed Lawan

SP Lawan Warns South Africans: We Will No Longer Condone Xenophobic Attack on Nigerians

Senate President, Ahmad Lawan on Monday condemned the continuous killings of Nigerians in South Africa, warning that further attack on Nigerians would no longer be condoned.

Lawan expressed concern that about 118 Nigerians have so far lost their lives in different attacks over the years, out of which 13 were by South African Police.

A statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mohammed Isa said Lawan made this known when he hosted the South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Bobby Moroe.

Moroe and his delegation paid the visit to brief the Senate leadership on his government’s investigations to unravel the causes of the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and steps being taken to stop it.

The meeting, according to the Senate President became pertinent considering the incessant attacks on Nigerians residing in South Africa.

He said: “We in the Parliament must speak and prevent any further killings. These killings must stop. This is the era of social media where corpse of a victim may spark violence that may go beyond the control of government.

“The South African government must as a matter of urgency do whatever it takes to protect the lives and property of Nigerians living there, just as Nigerian government remain committed to the safety of South Africans residing here and their investments.

“I believe we have faced enough, we will no longer take it anymore. We want to write the names of Nigerians killed, and the South African parliament must act fast to put a stop to this menace.

Read Also:

  • No Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria – Hassan Kukah
  • How Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto Caliphate
  • SPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in Nigeria

“Over the years, 118 Nigerians have been killed, while 13 out of these were killed by South African Police”.

He recalled the enormous contributions of Nigeria to South Africa during the apartheid rule, adding that, “we must establish events leading into these killings, including the recent one of Mrs.Elizabeth Chukwu, who was killed in her hotel room.”

Nigeria, he said would no longer condone such killings, and urged South African government to as a matter of responsibility protect Nigerians residing there.

While commending the High Commissioner for the updates, Lawan noted that, “the update on the cause of late Mrs. Chukwu’s death is heartwarming. It is a sign that something has been done in this regards.”

Earlier, Mr. Moroe, who expressed regret over the killings of Nigerians and extended his country’s condolences to the families of the victims said that, an inquest had been instituted to investigate all cases of xenophobic attacks in the country.

The inquest, he said would reveal the cause of the menace and find solutions across board, and reiterated the commitment of South African government and its law enforcement agencies to get to the root of the matter while bringing to book perpetrators of the attacks.

“Our government will continue to be committed to the good relationship with Nigeria. Your sentiment has gone deep into our heart, and you will be happy that the same sentiment has been our concern in South Africa.

“On behalf of the government of South Africa, we express our sincere condolences to Nigerian government for this unfortunate incident”, he stated.

Mohammed Isa
Special Assistant to the Senate President on Media and Publicity.

VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • Ahmad Lawan
  • Bobby Moroe
  • South-Africa
  • xenophobic
Previous articleSelf Discipline, Ingredient to War against Graft– Magu
Next articleNIPOST Board Summons Emergency Meeting Over Impending Strike
Mohammed Isa
Mohammed Isa
http://www.PRNigeria.com

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

No Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria – Hassan Kukah

How Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto Caliphate

Kanu of IPOB Arrested

SPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in Nigeria

AVM Lanre Ibrahim Oluwatoyin

Ilorin Emirate Youth Hail AVM Lanre Ibrahim Oluwatoyin (Rtd.) for Deepening Space Research, Education Projects

IMPR's Founder and Editor-in-Chief of PRNigeria, Alhaji Yashau Shuaib (right), the DG of NAN, Ali M. Ali (making a presentation to one of the new PRNigeria Communication Fellows), and the President of NUJ, Alhassan Yahya (left) in a group photo at the event.

FG, NUJ Harp on Media Integrity as PRNigeria Inducts 10 New Communication Fellows

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Nominates Fani-Kayode, Reno Omokri, 30 Others as Ambassadors, Seeks Senate Confirmation

NAF logo

NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services

Trump, Ribadu, Saudi Prince and Pete Hegseth

Genocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu’s Team and the Saudi Prince

Troops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing Terrorists

Director General, Major General Babatunde Alaya, Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, and President of DMG event, Christopher Hudson,

DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder

VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest

Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • No Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria – Hassan Kukah
  • How Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto Caliphate
  • SPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in Nigeria
  • Muslim Women Group Praises Rescue of Kebbi Schoolgirls, Calls for Immediate Action in Niger State
  • VP Shettima: Education is Nigeria’s “Immune System,” Declares Commitment to Increased Funding
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
No Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria - Hassan KukahHow Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto CaliphateSPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in NigeriaMuslim Women Group Praises Rescue of Kebbi Schoolgirls, Calls for Immediate Action in Niger StateVP Shettima: Education is Nigeria's "Immune System," Declares Commitment to Increased FundingIlorin Emirate Youth Hail AVM Lanre Ibrahim Oluwatoyin (Rtd.) for Deepening Space Research, Education ProjectsFG, NUJ Harp on Media Integrity as PRNigeria Inducts 10 New Communication FellowsBREAKING: Tinubu Nominates Fani-Kayode, Reno Omokri, 30 Others as Ambassadors, Seeks Senate ConfirmationTinubu Appoints Mahmud, Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Others as AmbassadorsNAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health ServicesGenocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu's Team and the Saudi PrinceTroops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing TerroristsUNICAL Scandal: ICPC Reads Riot Act to Sexual Predators in High Places  DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in GunpowderVP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest
X whatsapp