Sport Minister promises Corp Members improved welfare, health insurance packages
The Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare, has applauded the batch ‘B’ Stream II Corps Members, currently serving in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), for their numerous achievements in academics. He assured that the Federal Government will not hesitate to facilitate adequate health insurance scheme and as well ensure the welfare of corp members nationwide.
2. Mr. Dare gave this indication when he officially paid a working visit/facility tour of the 2019 Batch ‘B’ Stream II Corp members at the Permanent Orientation Camp, Kubwa, FCT, Abuja on Friday, 6th September, 2019.
3. The Minister, who noted that he was among the first batch that opened the FCT camp twenty-eight years ago, congratulated each corps member for the opportunity to serve Nigeria for the one year compulsory period. According to him, ‘’it’s because you have passed your exams, that qualifies to be invited to the camp, I need to challenge you that beyond the walls of this camp, are walls of opportunities, also there are walls of challenges, a wall that is kind and compassionate. But at other times can be very brutal, the things you have learnt at the university, secondary school and the primary school, you have to summon all of that skills to be able to survive outside this camp’’, he stated.
4. While appreciating officials of the camp that have been looking after the welfare of the Corp Members, the Minister affirmed that the Youth belong to the very virile segment of the nation’s population, adding that over 65 millions are Youth, which is the engine room of our population.
5. He prayed that the corp members find doors of opportunities as they conclude their one year mandatory training even as he advised them to make and keep goods friendship from the NYSC orientation camp.
6. Earlier, the State Coordinator, NYSC FCT, Hajiya Walida Isa, during her welcome address stated that the camp was officially opened by the Honourable Minister of FCT Mohammed Bello on the 22nd August 2019, stressing that a total number of 1, 804 Corps Members with 889 males and 915 females are currently participating in various camp activities and are set to exemplify high sense of commitment; due diligence and loyalty to the nation as they pass out.
7. Hajiya Isa thanked the Honourable Minister for his interest in the NYSC projects as she also restated the willingness of the camp officials to give these young Nigerians the right orientation needed to build the nation.
Principal Information Officer
For: Director, Press & Public Relations Dept;