Police Parade Robbery Suspects in Ekiti
OPERATION PUFF ADDER, the inititative of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu NPM, mni is yielding good result in Ekiti State in the area of crime detection, prevention and control.
Through deligient, painstaking led operations and investigation, the Command puff adder operatives in a joint operation with SARS operatives have arrested the following suspects who are perpetrators of various nefarious acts viz-a-viz heneous crimes.
1. CASE OF CONSPIRACY AND ARMED ROBBERY:- On the 03/08/2019 at about 0200hrs, some gangs of armed robbers invaded the houses of their victims and carted away phones, money and other valuable properties. The SARS operatives of the Command swung into action and arrested the followings suspects at Nova Road, Ado-Ekiti. The following suspects are the criminal elements terrorizing Nova Area Ado-Ekiti.
1. Ogundipe Odunayo ‘m’ 23yrs
2. Adeshina Olatunji aka Freedom ‘m’ 22yrs
3. Ogunlade Babatunde ‘m’ 22yrs
1. One Local made single barrel gun
2. Five (5) battles axes.
2. CASE OF CUTISLM:- On 2/09/2019 at about 1040hrs information received from the public had it that some cult members suspected to be Eiye Surpreme Confraternity were holding a meeting at a beer palour joint opposite Ekiti State Univesity Ado-Ekiti. They were planning on how to unleach terror on student of a campus. The Command operatives swung into action and apprehended one Daniel Oluwasegun Adetunji ‘m’ of Ekiti State University with Blue Beret on his head which is a symbol of Eiye Confraternity. Meanwhile, investigation is ongoing to arrest others.
1.Daniel Oluwasegun Adetunji ‘m’ 28yrs
1. Blue beret
3. CASE OF CONSPIRACY, ARMED ROBBERY AND UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF FIREAMS:- On 25/08/2019 at about 0200hrs a gang of armed robbers numbering about six (6), allegedly dressed in Military camourflag and invaded phase 2 hostel, Iworoko Ekiti during the incident, the hoodlum attacked one (1) Bello Ayodele Habeeb ‘m’ on the road and inflicted machete cut injury on his left palm. They did not stop at that, they robbed some occupants of hostels at gun point. One of the perpetrators of the crime was identified and arrested with a locally made pistol found in his possession with three (3) live catrdiges and a long knife concealed in his bag. Investigation in progress to arrest other fleeing suspects. The suspect confessed to the commission of the crime.
1. Tajudeen Ayomide ‘m’ 20yrs
1. One (1) locally made pistol
2. Three (3) live cartridges
3. One (1) long knife
4. One (1) camourflag knicker
4. CASE OF CONSPIRACY, ARMED ROBBERY, CULTISM, AND UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF FIREAMS:- On 26/06/2019 at about 0100hrs a gang of armed robbers numbering six (6) invaded Okebola Street and Ekute Quarters in Ado-Ekiti and broke into three (3) houses respectively by the use of big stones. During the incident, they robbed their victims of valueable items. Effort intensified by SARS Operatives led to the arrest of the followings suspects who all confessed to the commission of the crime.
1. Sunday Ojo aka Opolo ‘m’ 20yrs
2. Agbabiaka Ajibade Amidu ‘m’
3. Osewende Bababtunde Femi ‘m’ 22yrs
4. Ogunlade Babatunde ‘m’ 22yrs
5. Adesina Tunji ‘m’ 22yrs
1. One (1) Itel Handset
2. One (1) cut to small size single barrel gun
3. Two (2) live cartridges
4. One (1) power bank
5. One (1) wrist watch
6. Two (2) big stones
5. CASE OF CONSPIRACY, BURGLARY, STEALING, ARMED ROBBERY, CUTLSM, UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF FIREAMS AND UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF WEEDS SUSPECTED TO BE INDIAN HEMP:- On 15/03/2019 at about 0300hrs a gang of armed robbers numbering three (3) invaded Okerena Street, Oke-mesi Ekiti. The robbers allegedly broke into the residence of the victim and robbed him at gun point, carted away his valuables. On another case, the same gang of armed robbers burgled a shop on the 02/08/2019 and carted away goods found therein. Subsequently, they robbed the dwelling house of another victim and carted away valuables of the victim. SARS operative of the Command swung into investigation and arrested the following suspects.
1. Odebiyi Lanrewaju ‘m’ 34yrs
2. Owolabi Adewale ‘m’ 31yrs
3. MMoses Blessing ‘m’ 23yrs
4. Olowoyoyo Gbenga ‘m’ 26yrs
5. Obisesan Afolabi ‘m’ 21yrs
6. Abdul Monsuru ‘m’ 34yrs
1. Eleven (11) Handsets
2. One (1) cut to small size single barrel gun
3. One (1) locally made double barrel gun
4. Nine (9) Pouches
5. Two (2) 6kg cylinder gas cookers
6. CASE OF CONSPIRACY AND ARMED ROBBERY,:- On 21/07/2019 at about 0200hrs a gangs of armed robbers numbering about six (6) stormed Oke-Ila Area of Ado-Ekiti. The robbers broke into the dwelling house of their victims and robbed them at gun point of their valuables. Efforts intensified by puff adder operatives led to the arrest of the following suspects. All the suspects confessed to the commission of the crime.
1. Akinyemi Seun aka Arobo ‘m’ 21yrs
2. Ogundipe Odunayo aka Amintin ‘m’ 23yrs
3. Ogunlade Babatunde ‘m’ 22yrs
4. Adesina Olatunji aka freedom ‘m’ 22yrs
1. Two (2) Single Barrel Guns
2. Four (4) Axes
7. CASE OF ARMED ROBBERY AND BURGLARY:- On 05/08/2019 at about 0300hrs two (2) armed robbers attacked the victim in her residence around Idolofin Area of Ado-Ekiti. The victim was robbed at gun point. Subsequently, on 8/08/2019, at about 0430hrs, the mission house of God’s Covenant Wonderful Miracle and Salvation Church located in the same area was burgled into by the same thieves and carted away values from the church. The SARS operatives of the Command upon a tip-off led to the arrest of the following suspects. However, during investigation: the suspect confessed to have burgled into Saint David Anglican Church Mission on 22/07/2019. On the 14/08/2019 the thieves also broke into a shop located at Mary Hill Junction Oke-Ila Area, Ado-Ekiti where they carted away valuables. Investigation is in progress to arrest other fleeing suspects and recovery of other stolen items.
1. Arogundade Wasiu ‘m’
2. Arowolo Monday ‘m’ 19yrs
1. Hauja Amplifier
2. Ceiling Fan
3. Church Bell
4. Three (3) Hi-harts
5. One (1) block Molar
6. Two (2) head pans and
7. Two (2) Shovels
8. CASE OF HOUSE BREAKING AND STEALING:- On 10/08/2019 at about 1410hrs, the dwelling house of the victim ‘m’ located along Itaode Road, Oke-Imesi Ekiti was broken into by thieves who made away with valuables. SARS operatives of the Command tracked and recovered some of the stolen items and eventually arrested the suspect.
1. Oyetunji Moruf ‘m’ 20yrs
1. One (1) Nokia 3310 handset
2. Six (6) Plasma Television Sets
9. CASE OF STEALING:- On 01/09/2019 at about 0400hrs, the suspect one Oni Samuel ‘m’ was caught in Bamigboye Area, Ado-Ekiti having stole five (5) cars disc players from some vehicles parked at different location within the street. Upon the arrest of the suspect, he confessed to stealing of the car stereos found in his possession and further claimed to have earlier on same date stole a Bajaj motorcycle together with ten (10) handsets within same area which were also recovered from him. Investigation revealed that the suspect has engaged into stealing and other similar crime over a long time which serves as his means of livehood. Suspect is still in police custody undergoing interrogation.
1. Oni Samuel ‘m’ 27yrs
10. CASE OF RAPE:- On 31/08/2019, one Aina Adewumi ‘f’ of No.20, Irona Street, Ado-Ekiti who was leaving at the residence of one Magaji Oluwatoba ‘m’ reported that Magaji Oluwatoba ‘m’ forcefully had carnal knowledge of her severally without her consent as a result of which she ran to the residence of Alero Muhammed for rescue. However, Alero Mohammed accommodated her byt later became hostile and also had carnal knowledge of the victim severally, during interrogation, the suspects confessed to the crime.
1. Magaji Oluwatoba ‘m’ 65yrs
2. Alero Mohammed ‘m’ 32yrs
11. CASE OF CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER:- On 29/08/2019, at about 1700hrs, one Olorunleke Ebenzer and three (3) others armed with dangerous weapon, conspired and went to the deseased house (Olorunleke Sunday) at Abe koko, Oke-Ila Area of Ado-Ekiti who happens to be his brother stapped the deceased to death, who was doing okada riding as his means of livelihood. The suspect made away with his bajaj motorcycle reg. No. ADK 100 UJ red colour and cash after commission of the crime. Investigation by homicide team of the State Criminal Investigation Department led to the arrest of the gang leader and subsequently recovery of the stolen valuables. The suspect confessed to the crime.
1. Olorunleke Ebenzer ‘m’ 25yrs (the decesased brother)
1. One (1)f knife
2. One Bajaj Motorcycle
12. CASE OF STEALING:- On 01/09/2019 at about 1530hrs in Okesha Area of Ado-Ekiti one Abayo Ayodeji ‘m’ of No. 32, Seven Seven Area of Ikare Akoko, Ondo State and Adedeji Qazeem ‘m’ of No. 32h Esa Street Ikare Akoko, Ondo State were suspected and arrested by men of SARS Operative Ekiti State Command while the two suspects were trying to sell one red Bajaj boxer motocycle with reg. No. NSK 939 QA. The suspects confessed that they stole the said motorcycle in Ikare-Akoko, Ondo State.
1. Abayo Ayodeji ‘m’
2. Adedeji Qazeem ‘m’
1. One (1) red Bajaj boxer motorcycle .
DSP. CALEB IKECHUKWU,
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (PPRO),
FOR : COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, EKITI STATE COMMAND, ADO EKITI
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
91 days 2 hours 8 minutes 26 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
73 days 3 hours 49 minutes 51 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com