The minister of Youth and Sports Development, Hon. Sunday Dare restated that the administration of His Excellency, President Muhammed Buhari encourages and supports any platform that enhances the development of sports and youth, especially African Youth
- According to him, the approved African Union Sports Council Region 2 Strategic plan 2017 – 2024 lays emphasis on training and retraining of Youth and Sports Administrators.
- The Honourable minister who was ably represented by the Permanent Secretary, Mr Olusade Adesola, made this known while declaring open the Young Leaders in Sports Capacity building seminar in Abuja.
- The overall objective of the seminar is to train trainers from the African Union Sports Council Region 2 member States on leadership and managerial skills, who in turn will transmit the acquired knowledge to young leaders in sports in their respective countries, the minister added.
- Hon. Dare seized the opportunity to congratulate the nominees for being chosen to be pioneer beneficiaries of this all important and rewarding seminar.
- In his opening remarks, the General Manager, AUSC Region 2,Mr. Caleb Gidado said that the African Union Sports Council in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, Nigeria is spearheading the seminar to groom young sports administrators who will take over the mantle of leadership in the sports sector in the nearest future.
- Young Leaders in Sports Capacity building seminar with the theme,”Creating opportunity for youth empowerment through sports “, is aimed at repositioning the status of leadership in regional, continental and international sports movements for productivity, growth and development.
- The seminar has youth representatives from 15 ECOWAS Countries, and will run for three days.
For: Director, Press
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
97 days 12 hours 35 minutes 30 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
79 days 14 hours 16 minutes 55 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com