How Police Arrested Armed Robbers in Anambra- Spokesperson
On the 15/11/2019 at about 01:15am,Police operatives attached to the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) responded to a distress call along Onitsha/Enugu Highway and encountered a barricade put across the road at Ukpo junction by suspected armed robbers.
2. On sighting the Police, the hoodlums opened fire and Operatives returned fire forcing the bandits to abandon their dastardly mission and scamper for safety into the bush.
3.However, one of the suspected armed robber,whose name is yet unknown sustained gunshot injuries and was immediately rushed to the Hospital for medical attention.
4. Exhibits recovered at the scene includes one locally made double barrel shotgun, three live cartridges, two expended cartridges and a machete.Case under investigation.
5. The Command enjoins the Public to report anyone with suspected bullet wound at the nearest Police Station or through Police emergency number 07039194332 for prompt response.
ARREST OF ARMED ROBBERY SUSPECTS AND RECOVERY OF FIREARM:
It would be recalled that on the 7/9/2019 at about 11:45pm, armed robbers attacked Elohim filling station,injured a private security guard and snatched a pump action.Suspects also carted away undisclosed amount of money at the filling Station.
2. Following the incident, Police detectives attached to the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad in conjunction with Isiuwulu Division arrested the robbery syndicate as follows,
(i) Victor Edet ‘m’ aged 30 years.
(ii) Obinna Anibogu ‘m’ aged 34 years and,
(iii) Arinze Okoye ‘m’ aged 26 years respectively.
3. Exhibits recovered from the suspects includes the pump action gun which was snatched from the security guard at the filling station and one life cartidge.
4. Case under investigation after which suspects would be charged to court for prosecution.
5. Furthermore,,the Command Special Anti robbery Squad equally arrested at a criminal hideout in Ihiala one,
(i) Chike Obijekwu ‘m’ (an ex-convict),
(ii) Ndirebe Festus Ntomchukwu ‘m’ and,
(iii) Okoye Tochukwu ‘m’ following intelligence report.
6. Exhibits recovered from the suspects includes one automatic pump action gun with Reg number 47171 suspected to have been snatched from a security man and three rounds of life cartridges.
7, Consequently, on the 17/11/2019 at about 4:15pm,one Isionu Augustine ‘m’ Deputy Environmental Health officer, Awka reported at the Central Police Station Awka that a decomposing corpse of an unidentified woman was seen along kwata Junction in Awka.
8. Police detectives led by the DPO CPS Awka visited the scene, took photographs and corpse evacuated by health officials.Case under investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.
9.Finally, it is interesting to note that one major factor responsible for the overall successes recorded by the Command was the support of the good people of “Ndi Anambra” who were observed to have been very cooperative with the personnel of the security agencies.The Commissioner of Police CP John B.Abang,fdc acknowledges this fact and urges the Public to sustain this level of cooperation with the Police at all times in lines with Community policing principles.
SP Haruna Mohammed
PPRO Anambra State Police Command