Police Nab Notorious Abuja Touts for Assaulting Officials, Journalists
The FCT Police Command has arrested fourteen suspected touts who posed as revenue collectors to extort and assault unsuspecting members of the public. The syndicate is also notorious for assaulting and inflicting injuries on government officials who are discharging their lawful duties.
2. The suspects were arrested on 7th January, 2020 at about 0230pm following a distress call that hoodlums numbering about sixteen assaulted and inflicted varying degree of injury on some government officials attached to the FCTA Department of Outdoor Advertisement and Signage (DOAS) while on duty at Wuye.
3. As a result of the prompt response of Police operatives from Wuye Division, the following suspects identified to have attacked and inflicted injuries on the government officials and some journalists at the scene have been arrested.
4 One Okoli Chinedu ‘m’ 28 years, Ogbonna Divine 45 years, Abiuodun Oluwole 28 years, Nelson Effiong 24 years, Bassey Sylvester 37 years, Okeowu Aoji 29 years, Angel Eze 34 years, Austine Chigozie 35 years, Andrew Onyenwe 30 years, Monday James Omoogun 33 years, Sikiru Ibrahim 35 years, Issa Lukman 39 years, Nwani Ekene 35 years and Gabriel Abinemoh 39 years all male.
5. Based on Preliminary Police investigation, the suspects led by one Terry Okan and Samuel Ele Asiebe (both at large) were recruited from different parts of the country to carry out the criminal act.
6. One Toyota Haice bus used in conveying the suspects to the scene has been recovered as exhibit.
7. The Command is making concerted effort to arrest leaders of the syndicate, Terry Okan and Samuel Ele Asiebe, who are now at large.
8. The arrested suspects will be arraigned in court.
DSP Anjuguri Manzah,
Police Public Relations Officer,
For: Commissioner of Police,
FCT Police Command,
Repentent Bandits Assist Police in Katsina
Today 09/01/2020 at about 10:00hrs, a joint rescue operation conducted by Operation Puff Adder in collaboration with repentant bandits at Danmusa LGA of Katsina state succeeded in rescuing one Lantana Haruna, f, aged 14yrs of Madawa village, Danmusa LGA of Katsina state. Victim was kidnapped eighteen (18) days ago at Tashar Mai Alewa village, Danmusa LGA of Katsina state. After a fierce gun duel with her captors in their hideout at Jigawar Sawai forest, the team succeeded not only in rescuing the victim but in killing two of the notorious bandits terrorizing the area. Those killed were:
1. Gambo Balejo and
2. Ali Dan Maishago
Investigation is ongoing, please.
SP GAMBO ISAH
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR:COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
KATSINA STATE COMMAND
Kidnapped School Children
Yauri FGC Students, Kebbi 94 days 3 hours 18 minutes 10 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna 76 days 4 hours 59 minutes 35 seconds