COVID-19: FG releases 70,000mt of Grains from Food Reserve to NEMA
Following the lockdown across some states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and it’s resultant effect on the vulnerable population, President Muhammadu Buhari granted approval to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to release 70,000 Metric Tons of assorted food items from the National Strategic Food Reserve stock.
In compliance with the presidential directive, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Muhammad Sabo Nanono has stated that of the 70,000 Metric tons, 5,000 Metric tons of gari is readily available for immediate release while bagging of the food grains is on going for further urgent release through the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
According to the Minister, the food items are being released from the National Strategic Food Reserve Silo Complexes as detailed below
1. Minna Silo, Niger State – 10,000MT’s of Maize and 2,500MT of Gari.
2. Lafia Silo, Nassarawa State- 5,000MT’s of Millet and 1,500MT’s of Gari.
3. Dustin-ma Silo, Katsina State – 12,500MT of Maize and 5,000MT of Sorghum.
4. Yola Silo, Adamawa State – 12,500MT Maize and 5,000MT of Sorghum
5. Gusau Silo, Zamfara State – 15,000MT of Sorghum and
6. Ilesha Silo, Osun State – 1,000MT of Gari.
The Minister promised that measures will be put in place by the Presidential Task Force to ensure that the food items get to the actual beneficiaries.
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
163 days 10 hours 11 minutes 56 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
145 days 11 hours 53 minutes 21 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Spent 88 days from May 30, 2021 - August 26, 2021
Report By: PRNigeria.com