How Nigerian Troops Eliminated Boko Haram Terrorists in Borno, Arrested Sea Robbers in Bayelsa
1. The Nigerian component of MNJTF together with other members from the Lake Chad Basin Commission has been involved in clearance operation around the Lake Chad Basin. This is the fall out of the recent past aggressive and offensive action of the Armed Forces of Nigeria in the North East specifically, Operation LAFIYA DOLE Theatre. The combined effort of our gallant troops of the Land Component, Maritime Component and Air Component has resulted to neutralization of scores of Boko Haram Terrorists/ISWAP elements, which led to the decapitation of their various hideouts in the general area of operation.
2. Following closely, troops of Special Response Area Pulka, 26 Task Force Brigade Garrison, 21 Special Armour Brigade, Civilian Joint Task Force and hunters jointly conducted a clearance operation around Zua general area in Borno State. In the process of the robust clearance operation several Boko Haram Terrorists/ ISWAP fighters were neutralized.
3. In our Maritime environment, Troops of sector 2, Operation DELTA SAFE on Friday 3 April 2020 at about 10:30 pm encountered a notorious gang of Sea Robbers at sea, who have been on the wanted list of our troops. After the fire fight, which was won, troops were able to recover one of the bodies of the criminals.
4. Relatedly, On 6 April three of the Sea Robbers who escaped with gunshot wounds were later arrested in Bilabiri community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State were they were being treated for gunshot wounds. The arrested Sea Robbers are undergoing treatment and preliminary investigation, after which they will be handed over to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.
5. The Armed Forces of Nigeria wishes to encourage the general public to continue to come forward with credible information that will assist the military.
Defence Media Operation
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
172 days 22 hours 8 minutes 41 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
154 days 23 hours 50 minutes 6 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com