Nigerian Troops Eliminate 20 BH Terrorists in Baga, Recover Sophisticated Weapons from Militants in Niger-Delta
1. In a decisive intercept offensive operation, troops of 130 Battalion with the support of Army Super Camp Baga, had a fierce encounter at the north west of Baga town with BHT/ISWAP Criminals on the 17th of May 2020.
2. The criminals armed with mortars, rocket propelled grenades and small arms were heading to attack villages surrounding Baga, when the troops attacked their convoy with overwhelming fire power killing 20 BHT/ISWAP criminals, captured six AK 47 Rifles, 520 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition and five 36 hand grenades.
3. However, nine of our gallant soldiers were wounded in action with no loss of life. They were evacuated to Sector 3 hospital for treatment.
4. The Chief of Army Staff commends the gallant troops for their professionalism and directs them to remain resolute towards eradicating the criminals from the North East.
Defence Media Operations
17 May 2020
TROOPS RAID MILITANTS HIDEOUT IN ARUGBANAMA COMMUNITY IN BONNY LGA RIVERS STATE RECOVER ARMS AND AMMUNITION
1. Troops of 146 Battalion deployed in Bonny Island on 12 May 2020, raided and destroyed an identified pirates/militants hideout in Arugbanama Community in Bonny LGA of Rivers State. During the operation, the gallant troops exchanged fire with the militants/pirates resulting in the neutralization of 2 of the criminals as well as recovery of one(1) AK 47 Rifle, one(1) Pump Action Rifle, one(1) Pistol, seven(7) AK 47 Rifle magazines, one(1) Pistol magazine, one round of 7.62mm NATO ammunition, 102 rounds of 7.62mm Special ammunition, 3 rounds of 9mm ball ammunition, one live cartridge, one camouflage uniform, one head gear, one speed boat and Four 85 Horse Power engines.
2. Similarly, in the early hours of 12 May 2020, troops of 3 Battalion (Rear) while on routine patrol arrested a suspected criminal named Stephen Eboje along Warri-Sapele Road in Uvwie LGA of Delta State and recovered one AK 47 Rifle from the suspect.
3. The Military high command congratulates the gallant troops for their resilience, courage and dedication to the noble cause of defending our fatherland against the criminal elements. While the general public is requested to continue to provide credile information to Armed Forces of Nigeria on criminality in their environment.
Defence Operations Media
17 May 2020
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
163 days 12 hours 33 minutes 24 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
145 days 14 hours 14 minutes 49 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com