Heartless Woman, Husband Remanded for Grievous Harm on 10 Yr Housegirl
The Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Police Force wishes to inform the general public, particularly residents of the State, that it has successfully paraded and prosecuted Ifeoma Ozougwu aged 24 and her husband, Jude Ozougwu aged 40, arrested on 02/07/2020 at about 0900 hours for their alleged act of child abuse and inflicting of several degrees of grievous bodily harm on their minor female ward, Nneoma Nnadi aged 10, by using hot pressing iron, iron rod, nails and inserting noxious substance into her private part.
2. Parading the suspects before Newsmen at the State Headquarters, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmad AbdurRahman MCPSS, MCJ, MNIM, reiterated the Command’s commitment to maintain utmost professionalism and ensure that justice prevails in all its dealings. He entreated public-spirited individuals, groups and organizations to always partner and support the Police in its quest to rid the State of crimes and criminality, especially those against the personality and fundamental human rights of children.
3. The Commissioner, while expressing dismay over allegations by some unscrupulous and mischievous individuals and/or organizations that the Police wants to compromise and sweep the case under the carpet, wondered why anyone in his/her widest imagination will think that the Police, under the able leadership of the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Muhammad Adamu NPM, mni and himself, as CP of the Command, will stoop so low, be complacent and derelict in their duties, especially in handling a case of this magnitude.
4. He used the opportunity of the briefing to appreciate the State Government as well as kind-hearted individuals and organizations of goodwill for their efforts at supporting and extending succour to the highly traumatized victim and her family. He specially thanked and commended the Good Samaritan, who reported the matter to the Police and pursued it to the letter, for his exemplary show of courage and support, while urging other good citizens of the State to follow suit.
5. Meanwhile, the suspects have been charged to court and remanded in the Nigeria Correctional Service custody for further hearings.
6. To this end, residents of the State have been called upon to remain law-abiding, vigilant and promptly report acts of crime and criminality to the nearest Police Station or by calling the Command’s hotlines on: 08032003702, 08075390883, 08086671202 or 08098880172.
ASP DANIEL NDUKWE EKEA
Police Public Relations Officer,
FOR: Commissioner of Police,
Enugu State Command
Police Nab Four over Robbery in Awka Hotel
On the 6/7/2020 one Engr Nwammadu Charles ‘m’ of Prince Charles Hotel Isuanuocha in Awka North LGA of Anambra State reported at Mgbaku Police out- Station that on the 6/7/2020 at about 1:am,hoodlums climbed over the hotel fence and allegedly robbed some customers of their phones and other valuables.
Preliminary investigation led to the arrest of four suspects with the aid of a CCTV camera installed by the hotel management.
Meanwhile,case is under investigation and suspects are assisting the Police with useful information that will aid investigation after which those found wanting would be brought to book.
Consequently,the Commissioner of Police *CP John B. Abang,fdc* further reiterate his clarion call on all hoteliers in the State to as a matter of urgency install CCTV Cameras in all hotel premises and also do background checks on their staff as a proactive measure to enhance Safety and Security at their respective hotels and to avert similar incident please.
SP Haruna Mohammed
PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command