NCoS Doesn’t Appoint Agents for Contracts
The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) wishes to warn the general public to disassociates from a syndicate headed by one Anthony Wemah with phone number 0806-950-2955 (and also known with other names and numbers) impersonating as ration and gas Contract agent for the Nigerian Correctional Service, deceiving unsuspecting members of the public and collecting monies for the purpose of securing ration and gas Contract for potential contractors.
The Service thereby disassociates herself from the Syndicate and Anthony Wemah as well as to reiterate that:
1. There is no officer or person in the Nigerian Correctional Service with the Name CP Anthony Wemah as purported in the social media story circulating on ration and gas contract scam;
2. The Service follow the standard contract award process as laid down by the Bureau for Public Procurement Act.
3. The Service does not use agent(s), syndicate(s), and private individuals nor receive financial inducement for the purposes;
4. The Service dissociates itself totally from such illicit dealings and members of the public are advised to disregard entreaties from such groups/individual as they are fraudsters;
5. Anyone who wishes to get ration and gas contracts should refer to the advertisement in the Guardian Newspaper, Daily Trust and Federal Tender Journal of August 3rd, 2020 pages 34, 45 and 11 respectively;
6. List of qualified contractors will be published in the service notice board for appropriate documentation before the award letters will be issued;
7. The Service hereby call on the Public to have nothing to with any individual, agents or syndicate by procuring contract registration forms or paying any sum of money to the same. All payments for contracts are usually made through remita to government chest.
Note that the Controller General of Corrections has neither a Facebook, Twitter, nor Telegram handles or any Social media account, therefore the general public should ignore any impersonation with his picture in any Social Media handle.
Chuks Austin NJOKU
Deputy Controller of Corrections
Public Relations Office