• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home National NYSC Mobilises 66,000 Corps Members, Cautions on Use of Social Media in...
  • National

NYSC Mobilises 66,000 Corps Members, Cautions on Use of Social Media in Camps

By
Prnigeria
-
November 9, 2020
Brig General Ibrahim Shuaibu, NYSC Boss
Brig General Ibrahim Shuaibu, NYSC Boss

NYSC Mobilises 66,000 Corps Members, Cautions on Use of Social Media in Camps

As the National Youths Service Corps NYSC) mobilises 66,000 eligible graduates for orientation exercises, corps members have been urged to avoid sharing fake news on social media while in the camps.

The Director-General of NYSC, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim who made this known at a media chat in Abuja said following the ease of COVID19 lockdown and the green light from the government to make preparation for the safe resumption of orientation camps, the scheme has been working with relevant agencies to achieve the desired outcomes.

The NYSC boss said: “As at Thursday, November 5, 2020, a total of 66,000 eligible graduates had been mobilised for the 2020 Batch B Service Year. They will participate in the Orientation exercise, which has been planned to take place in three streams for ease of compliance with the COVID-19 protocol.”

He said the stream 1A would commence on November 10 to November 30, 2020; Stream 1B would commence on December 3 to December 22, 2020; while Stream 2 would Commence on January 5 to January 25, 2020.

On safety of the corps members in the orientation camps, general Shuaibu Ibrahim said adequate arrangement had been made for their protection.

He said: I wish to assure Nigerian that all our children, who will participate in the forthcoming orientation exercises, will be adequately protected from the Coronavirus.

“I enjoined both serving and prospective corps members to avoid the use of the Social Media for misrepresentations of facts on issues concerning the scheme. Please do not hesitate to communicate your concerns on any issue to the camp administrators, using the channels made available for such.

“I consider it appropriate to also remind all and sundry that while we are focusing on the safe conduct of the Orientation Course, we equally remain unwavering in our resolve to preserve the credibility of the Mobilisation process.

Read Also:

  • NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services
  • Genocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu’s Team and the Saudi Prince
  • Troops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing Terrorists

” Our fool-proof measures are still in place to ensure that only qualified persons participate in the Orientation course. I, therefore, wish to warn unqualified persons who are contemplating appearance in our camps to have a rethink in their own interest as we are poised to apprehend and hand them over to the appropriate agencies for prosecution.

By PRNigeria
…………………………………

NYSC Nabs Hoodlums for Looting Camp, Implementing Mambilla Project

The National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC) says it has apprehended some hoodlums who looted properties at its Orientation Camp in Kubwa, a satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Its Director-General, Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, made this known at a media chat on the resumption of orientation Camp

This is just as he said the NYSC is part of the Technical Working Group saddled with securing local content workforce for the Mambilla Hydro-Electric Power Project.

Ibrahim condemned the recent attacks on their camps by some disgruntled elements, who carted away valuable items.

He, however, appealed to the public to support the Scheme by protecting its facilities against vandalization, saying: “Some of the hoodlums have been arrested and the looted items recovered. We would make sure they are prosecuted to serve as deterrence to others.”

As the orientation programme resumes across the country, the NYSC helmsman, disclosed that they have put in place essential measures in all camps in line with COVID-19 protocols for the safety of corps members and other members of the camp community.

“Like I have assured at various fora, the welfare of corps members remains a top priority of my administration. Among other measures to ensure their general wellbeing, we have intensified liaison with security agencies to ensure their safety wherever they are serving in the country,” he said.

Gen. Ibrahim, who said the Scheme has concluded arrangement with the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) for the enrolment of corps members into the NHIS in line with a presidential directive, added that they have also expended huge resources on critical health needs of corps members, including footing of medical bills.

He further enjoined serving and prospective corps members to avoid the use of the social media for misrepresentation of facts on issues concerning the Scheme.

By PRNigeria

VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • NYSC
  • Orientation Camps
  • Shuaibu Ibrahim
  • Social Media
Previous articleNYSC Members Must Undergo COVID-19 Test at Orientation Camp- NCDC
Next articleAlapansanpa Felicitates Emir of Ilorin on 25th Anniversary
Prnigeria
Prnigeria
https://prnigeria.com
PRNigeria is the pioneer Press Release Distribution agency in Nigeria. A member of image Merchant Promotions limited, PRNigeria encourages individuals and organisations to be more transparent in their information management. with dedicated Editorial staffs, the PRNigeria ensures that information provided on its platforms are timely, factual and authoritative Read more at: //prnigeria.com/about/
Facebook Twitter

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

NAF logo

NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services

Trump, Ribadu, Saudi Prince and Pete Hegseth

Genocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu’s Team and the Saudi Prince

Troops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing Terrorists

Director General, Major General Babatunde Alaya, Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, and President of DMG event, Christopher Hudson,

DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder

VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest

Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations

Nigerian Army

Army Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-Up

PRNigeria’s Factchecker Wins Best Open Source Intelligence Award in West Africa

Navy Launches Exercise OMI AILEWU 2025 to Boost Maritime Security

Police Service Commission

PSC, Police Move to Recruit 30,000 Policemen, Inaugurate Joint Committee

Troops of Nigerian Army after successfully foiling an ambush by Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Sokoto as Police Arrest Kidnappers in Niger State

Seal of the Nigerian Senate

Akpabio Dissolves Senate Committees on National Security and Intelligence, Air Force

Recent Posts

  • NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services
  • Genocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu’s Team and the Saudi Prince
  • Troops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing Terrorists
  • UNICAL Scandal: ICPC Reads Riot Act to Sexual Predators in High Places  
  • DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health ServicesGenocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu's Team and the Saudi PrinceTroops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing TerroristsUNICAL Scandal: ICPC Reads Riot Act to Sexual Predators in High Places  DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in GunpowderVP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to RestKano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28mTroops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno OperationsArmy Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-UpPRNigeria’s Factchecker Wins Best Open Source Intelligence Award in West AfricaNavy Launches Exercise OMI AILEWU 2025 to Boost Maritime SecurityPSC, Police Move to Recruit 30,000 Policemen, Inaugurate Joint CommitteeTroops Foil Bandit Attack in Sokoto as Police Arrest Kidnappers in Niger StateAkpabio Dissolves Senate Committees on National Security and Intelligence, Air ForceNigerian Navy Elevates 15 Rear Admirals, 31 Commodores, 81 Others
X whatsapp