FCT Police Reunite Trafficked Children with their Parents
… urges parents to be conscious of their children, disclaims alleged auction activities
The FCT Police Command on Monday 8th March, 2021 successfully reunites fifteen (15) children who were victims of trafficking with their parents.
2. In February 2020, the children between the ages of 2-13years were deceptively taken from their parents in Lapai-Niger State by one Emmanuel Abraham 30years and Nkechi Udoh 53years under the pretext of providing them education. Further investigation revealed that the suspects ‘distributed’ the children to different people. The suspects were arraigned in court upon conclusion of investigation.
3. In view of the above, the Command is appealing to parents to be extremely conscious of the safety and movement of their children at all times.
4. Also, the Command wishes to use this medium to dissociate itself from the misleading information being circulated by fraudulent elements that ‘it is conducting an auction of cars.’ There is no on-going auction exercise in the FCT Command, therefore, members of the public should note that, it is one of the antics by fraudsters to defraud unsuspecting citizens.
5. We enjoin residents to remain calm, law-abiding, comply with all COVID-19 regulations and reiterate our unwavering commitment to the protection of lives and property within the FCT.
6. The Command employs residents to report all suspicious movements, emergency or distress, through these numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 and 08028940883. To report the conduct of Police Officers, call the Public Complaint Bureau (PCB) Line :09022222352
ASP Yusuf Mariam,
Police Public Relations Officer,
For: The Commissioner of Police
FCT Police Command,
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
472 days 3 hours 8 minutes 42 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
454 days 4 hours 50 minutes 7 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com