FCT Police Nab over 90 Hardened Criminals Since January, No Incident of Kidnap at Zuba
……………. reassures residents of safety
The attention of the FCT Police Command has been drawn to some malicious publications being circulated in some sections of the social media targeted at creating palpable tension amongst the well-spirited residents of the FCT, with particular reference to the alleged “kidnap of twenty (20) persons along Zuba axis”. The Command wishes to state categorically that there is no record of such incident as at Tuesday 30th March,2021.
2. It is unfortunate that, these elements are unmindful of the frantic effort including proactive and reactive measures put in place by the Command in collaboration with key Community Stakeholders to tackle the emerging security challenges in the FCT.
3. Furthermore, it is worthy of note that, in its bid to rid the city of all forms of criminality, the Command has foiled several attempts by hoodlums to breach the peace of the FCT and arrested over 90 suspects between January-March 2021 in connection with different criminal activities including kidnapping, armed robbery,one chance robbery etc.
4. In view of the above, the Command enjoins residents to remain calm, law- abiding and verify every information they receive to avoid circulating fake news, which is capable of causing panic amongst members of the public.
5. Therefore, we wish to reaffirm our undaunted commitment towards the protection of lives and property within the Federal Capital Territory .
6. The Command implores residents to report all suspicious movements, emergency or distress, through these numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 and 08028940883 and to report the conduct of Police Officers, call the Public Complaint Bureau (PCB) number :09022222352
ASP Yusuf Mariam,
Police Public Relations Officer,
For: The Commissioner of Police
FCT Police Command,
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
209 days 14 hours 24 minutes 9 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
191 days 16 hours 5 minutes 34 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com