Debarment Allowance: Pension Board Requests Documents to Pay Military Retirees, NoKs’
1. The Military Pensions Board (MPB) wishes to refer to the Press Release issued by the Chairman MPB on 17 January 2023 intimating our esteemed retirees and the general public on the documents required for the payment of the Security Debarment Allowance (SDA) to non-pensionable military retirees as well as the NOKs of deceased military retirees who are eligible to be paid. Recently, the board has been witnessing influx of military retirees for the processing of their SDA. However, it has been observed that most of these retirees come to the board without the necessary documents required for the processing of their entitlements.
2. For avoidance of doubt, all non-pensionable retirees eligible for SDA are expected to report to the board with the following documents for documentation purposes:
a. Copy of Discharge Certificate/Retirement Letter.
b. Copy of Discharge/Retirement ID Card/any other Means of Identification.
c. Current Passport Photograph of the Retiree.
d. Letter from Bank Confirming account details of the Retiree.
e. Bank Verification Number (BVN) Slip.
3. In the same vein, all NOKs of deceased military pensioners eligible for SDA are expected to report to the board with the following documents for documentation purposes:
a. Copy of Death Certificate of the Deceased Pensioner.
b. Copy of Discharge Certificate/Retirement Letter of the Deceased Pensioner.
c. Sworn Affidavit as to NOK of the Deceased Pensioner.
d. Means of Identification of the NOK e.g. copy of National Identity Card, International Passport or Driver’s License.
e. Passport Photograph of the NOK.
f. Letter from bank confirming account details of the NOK.
4. Furthermore, the Board would like to use this medium to request our veteran associations to please disseminate the necessity of these documents to their members as well as NOKs of deceased pensioners before reporting to the board for documentation purposes for payment of SDA. This is important as non–pensionable retirees and NOKs of deceased military pensioners who report to the board without these documents will not be attended to for payment of the SDA.
5. Thank you all and kindly accept the assurances of my esteemed regards.
16 Mar 23 Chairman MPB
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
643 days 21 minutes 54 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
625 days 2 hours 3 minutes 19 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com