Home National Defence Chief Assures Citizens of Improved Security in 2025

Defence Chief Assures Citizens of Improved Security in 2025

General Christopher Musa, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Defence Headquarters DHQ
General Christopher Musa, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Defence Headquarters DHQ

Defence Chief Assures Citizens of Improved Security in 2025

Gen. Christopher Musa, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), has pledged to improve the security of lives and property in Nigeria in 2025.

Musa made the commitment during a visit to troops of Sector Seven, Operation Safe Haven (OPSH), in Samaru, Zangon Kataf Local Government Area (LGA) of Kaduna State, on Thursday.

The CDS was In company of Maj.-Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, Jos and Commander OPSH.

He acknowledged tha’ 2024 had been a challenging year for the military but assured that 2025 would bring better outcomes.

“2024 was challenging, but we made remarkable improvements. 2025 will be better.

“Our plan is to do more to bring lasting peace to Nigerians; the enemy is not sleeping, and we will not rest until we get it right,” he said.

Musa expressed gratitude to Nigerians for their support, urging them to continue collaborating with the military to defeat the enemies of the country.

“We want to thank Nigerians for their support; we are appealing to them to collaborate with us to defeat the enemies of our land,” he appealed.

The CDS also thanked President Bola Tinubu for providing the necessary resources and environment for military operations, and commended the National Assembly for approving the 2025 budget, particularly for the procurement of sophisticated military equipment.

Musa lauded the troops of Sector Seven for their commitment to ensuring peace and security in the region, advising them to avoid any unprofessional conduct.

“The president is proud of what we are doing, and Nigerians are relying on us to make the country safe.

“We cannot fail. We are on the right track, but we must do more to fully secure Nigerians this year,” he said.

He further urged the troops not to engage in illegal activities, to cooperate with other security agencies, and to build trust with the civil populace.

“You must be fair and impartial, that’s the only way to deal with criminals. Go after the criminals, not innocent civilians,” he advised.

Also speaking, Sen. Sunday Marshall, representing Kaduna South, commended the military for the relative peace currently enjoyed in the area.

He promised to collaborate with and support the security agencies in achieving lasting peace in the region and the state.

VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
Latest News
DSS 'Reportedly' Arrests El-Rufai After EFCC's GrillWhen the Watchdog Trembles: Power, Impunity, and the Fragile Fourth EstateImmunisation, vital to polio eradication in the world, says Rotary International PresidentTinubu Signs Amended Electoral Act 2026 into Law Ahead of 2027 PollsLike Buhari – Like Ribadu By Abdullahi O Haruna HaruspiceCDS Commends North-West Expansion of Operation Safe Corridor; Calls for Victim-Centric ReintegrationASR-Donated Customs Hospital Inaugurated in BauchiNSCDC Arrests 10 Suspected Kidnappers, Vandals in Abuja, NasarawaWalson-Jack Urges Perm Secs to Institutionalize Reforms, Enduring Legacies  Troops Neutralise 6 Kidnappers, Rescue Abducted Woman in PlateauFG Moves to Strengthen Border Control Through Strategic Pact with NetherlandsRamadan: SAS Foundation Chairman calls for Prayer, Peace and Security in KwaraMuslims Across the World Commence Ramadan Fasting as Crescent Moon is SightedRamadan and Lent: A Shared Lesson for Nigerian Muslims and Christians on Faith and Unity, By Yushau A. ShuaibCrescent Moon Sighted, Sultan Declares Wednesday, as First Day of Ramadan
X whatsapp