1. The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has released the posting and appointments of some senior officers. Among the new appointments are four Branch Chiefs, three Air Officers Commanding (AOCs) and two Commandants. The four Branch Chiefs at the Headquarters NAF are Air Vice Marshal (AVM) AA Iya formally the Chairman Air Exposition and International Liaison Secretariat (AILS) now appointed as Chief of Training and Operations (CTOP) while AVM AM Mamu the former AOC, Training Command Kaduna takes charge as the Chief of Administration (COA). AVM IJ Yahaya moves from his former position as the Director of Works to become the Chief of Logistics and Communications (CLOG & Comms). Air Commodore CU Usoh, the former Director of Air Engineering is now the Chief of Aircraft Engineering (CAcE).
2. The three AOCs are AVM RA Ojuawo the former Director of Operations HQ NAF now appointed the Air Officer Commanding (AOC) Tactical Air Command Makurdi, while AVM WA Ahmed is now the new Air Officer Commanding Training Command Kaduna. In the same vein, AVM MA Muhammed moves from his former position as the Managing Director, NAF Investment Limited to his present appointment as the Air Officer Commanding Logistics Command, Lagos.
3. The two new Commandants are AVM MC Iloenyosi who moves from his former position as the Chief of Training and Operations HQ NAF to his present appointment as the Commandant Armed Forces Resettlement Centre Oshodi, and AVM SA Dambo the former Senior Air Staff Officer Training Command takes charge as the Commandant Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji.
4. This posting and appointments released at the Headquarters Nigerian Air Force, Abuja are in line with the Chief of Air Staff efforts at transforming the Nigerian Air Force for greater operational efficiency.
5. You are please requested to disseminate the information through your mass medium for the awareness of the general public. Thank you for your usual cooperation.
Air Commodore Dele Alonge
Director of Public Relations & Information
PRNigeria encourages institutions to be transparent in their information management as it provides news items from authoritative sources for free use by the media