The Senators today commenced deliberation on the economic challenges of the country with a view to recommending appropriate measures to address the issue.
1. The summary of today’s presentation by the Senators include the release of looted funds to boost the economy.
2. Cabinet reshuffle: Suggested that the Finance and Budget and National Planning Ministers should be replaced with competent brains who can provide solution to the crumbling economy.
3. The Federal Government should renegotiate the price of crude oil with the oil majors. The present contract does not favor the country.
4. The Government should build confidence in our people. A situation in which our people are seen as corrupt cannot help investment.
5. Machinery should be put in place to make corruption impossible rather than trying to stop corruption.
6. Redistribution of income
7. Revamping the agricultural sector.
8. Rejects proposal to sell oil assets
9. TSA must be revisited. Interest rate by banks must also be revisited.
10. Body language of Mr. President must change. His body language discourages investment.
11. Plea bargaining must be encouraged. People are afraid to plea bargaining as they are afraid they may be persecuted.
12. Sovereign wealth fund should be given legal backing by the National Assembly.
12. The economy must be diversified.
The debate continues tomorrow.
Head, Press and Public Relations.
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
472 days 15 hours 20 minutes 16 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
454 days 17 hours 1 minute 41 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com