Police Nab Professor, Others for Operating Illegal Security Outfits
1. The Nigeria Police Force has commenced a nationwide operation to halt and rid the country of illegal/unlawful security outfits constituting National Security Threat and Threat to the protection of life and property of Nigerians across the country and for other massive fraudulent practices and activities.
2. Credible intelligence reports at the disposal of the Force revealed that some of these illegal Security outfits have started recruiting unsuspecting youths and other members of the public and conducting employment interview and illegal training for them in different locations across the country.
3. It is evident that in 2013, Federal Republic of Nigeria official Gazette dissolved and proscribed illegal Security outfits such as Nigerian Maritime security Agency (NMSA), Nigerian Merchant Navy Corps and the Nigerian Merchant Navy Petroleum Security and Safety and other quasi illegal security outfits such as United African States (UAS) and Land Marine Police Force whose operations and activities are contrary to the constitution of Republic of Nigeria and other enabling laws.
4. It has been observed also that Nigerian Maritime Security Agency NMSA, Maritime Security Agency and National Task Force to Combat Illegal Importation/Smuggling of Arms and Ammunition, Light and Chemical/Weapons are still operating outside their mandates and purposes for which they were registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
5. Parade of Nine (9) suspects responsible for operating illegal organization and security outfits known as United African States (UAS) with an affiliate security Outfit known as Land Marine Police Force. This illegal security outfit is being operated by one Prof. Brimmy A.U. Olagbere,the acclaimed Executive President of the organization. The organization’s office is located at No. 6 Ubiaja Crescent Garki II, Abuja and has been in operation for about one (1) year now before it was closed down by the Police. Before Police intervention, complaints were received from over One Hundred and Fifty (150) unemployed persons of extortion of N5,000.00 each from them by the organization under false pretence of employing them which were discovered to be fake.
6. Following reliable intelligence gathered and sustained surveillance, a raid was carried out on the office complex of the organization on 20th February, 2018 which led to the arrest of one Prof. Brimmy A.U Olagbere and the following Eight (8) others.
ii. PASTOR HENRY C. AKUJOBI – ACCTS CLERK II
iii. FELIX E. ASUNOMEH – HUMAN RESOURCE UNIT
iv. PATRICK EZE – COMMISSIONER (EDUCATION)
v. HOBE O. NICHOLAS – PA TO PROF
vi. JOHN OGBAJE (DSP RTD) – LAND MARINE POLICE FORCE
vii. IFEOMA OKAFOR – ACCOUNTS SECTION
viii. DEBORAH ZUNGWE – INCHARGE OF ID CARDS
ix. EZEKIEL K. DAMAH (ASP RTD)– Commissioner of Police LAND MARINE POLICE FORCE
7. The following exhibits and incriminating items were recovered from their possession:
i. Two (2) HP Laptops
ii. One (1) Dell Laptop
iii. Packets of Identity Cards belonging to United African States (UAS) and Land Marine Police Force
iv. Various Registers and Application letters
v. One (1) USA National Flag
vi. One (1) Chinese National Flag
vii. One (1) Nigeria National Flag
viii. One (1) United African States Flag all hoisted at the premises.
ix. The Sum of Two Hundred and Sixty-three Thousand Naira (#263,000) being amount fraudulently extorted from unsuspecting applicants who registered with them on the day the raid was carried out.
8. The suspects have been interrogated and have made useful statements and confessed to being members of the Organization. Investigation has also uncovered the existence of their outfit in other States, namely Zamfara, Enugu, Yobe, Delta, Abuja, Niger, Bauchi, Gombe, Kano and Nasarawa States. Preliminary investigation has also shown that both organizations are not registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission or any known Government Department. Investigation is being extended to the above mentioned states to arrest the perpetrators.
9. Meanwhile, all suspects will be charge to Court on completion of investigation.
10. Commissioners of Police and their supervising Assistant Inspectors General of Police in States and Zonal Commands have been directed by the Inspector General of Police to halt the activities of these illegal security outfits, arrest and prosecute all suspects involved.
CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD
Force Public Relations Officers
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
92 days 17 hours 29 minutes 28 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
74 days 19 hours 10 minutes 53 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com