Army Rescues 1000 Boko Haram Captives in Bama
1. Troops of 22 Brigade deployed in operation LAFIYA DOLE has rescued over 1000 hostages from the Boko Haram Terrorists enclave.
2. The operation which was conducted in conjunction with allies of Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), rescued the hostages from Malamkari, Amchaka, Walasa and Gora villages of Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.
3. The hostages consisted mainly of women, children as well as some young men who were forced to become Boko Haram fighters.
4. Speaking with one of the rescued victims, Alhaji Gambo Gulumba from Amchaka village, thanked the Nigerian military for showing them love and care.
5. The Nigerian Army wishes to remind the public of its resolve to rout out Boko Haram and rescued all hostages.
6.The public is also advised to report any suspicious character to the appropriate authority for prompt action.
7. However, the rescued persons are being attended to in a military medical facility.
Director Army Public Relations
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
220 days 9 hours 12 minutes 51 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
202 days 10 hours 54 minutes 16 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Spent 88 days from May 30, 2021 - August 26, 2021
Report By: PRNigeria.com