APC Convention: Police Deploy 5000 personnel, Helicopters, Armoured Carriers
The All Progressive Congress (APC) National Convention is scheduled to hold on 23rd June, 2018, at Eagle Square, Abuja, to this end, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, has directed the implementation of a robust Security Arrangement to ensure a secured and hitch-free convention.
2. A total number of Five Thousand (5000) Police Personnel comprising, the Police Mobile Force (PMF), the Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU), Special Protection Unit (SPU), the Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD), the Police Mounted Troop, The Dog Section (K9), the Force Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department (FCIID), The Police Air-wing and the Force Armament Unit have been deployed under the supervision of the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Department of Operations, to ensure adequate security for all the accredited participants at the convention. Security coverage have been provided also at all the accreditation centres.
3. In addition, two (2) Police Helicopters, Six (6) Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) are already deployed for the security of the convention. Personnel of other security and safety agencies are also being deployed to complement the Nigeria Police Force in ensuring adequate security and a hitch-free convention.
4. Only accredited delegates accredited party officials bearing the APC clearance/identification tags will be allowed into the venue. Personnel of all Security and Safety agencies deployed for the security of the convention must also wear the certified identification tag conspicuously at the venue. Only one (1) aide will be allowed to follow their principals into the venue of the convention.
5. The Nigeria Police Force hereby warns all unauthorised individual(s) and group(s) who have no business with the convention to steer clear of the venue. The full weight of the law will be applied on any person or group of persons who try to disrupt the orderliness and conduct of the convention.
6. The Personnel deployed are under strict instruction to be civil, polite but strict and firm in the discharge of their duties during the convention.
7. There will be diversion of traffic from all the routes to the Eagle Square from Ahmadu Bello Way, Shehu Shagari Way and other Roads leading to the venue of the convention. Road users and other members of the Public are advised to use alternative routes. The diversion of traffic will take effect from 2200Hrs of 22nd of June, 2018 till the end of the convention.
8. Any member of the public with complaint or observation on security issue can call the following numbers 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 for immediate response.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
92 days 20 hours 12 minutes 36 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
74 days 21 hours 54 minutes 1 second
Report By: PRNigeria.com