APC Young Presidential Aspirant Withdraw over Exorbitant Cost of Form
Withdrawal from the 2019 Presidential contest for the sake of our party, the APC and President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory.
1) I Dr Abubakar Alkali, a Presidential aspirant under the umbrella of our great party, the APC wish to inform all Nigerians that after wide and far – reaching consultation with my supporters and other stakeholders in our great party, the APC, I have decided to withdraw from the 2019 Presidential contest.
2) This painstaking decision is not only informed by the outrageous cost of the APC Presidential nomination forms but also by my desire to maintain the existing unity in the APC as one family and to support President Buhari to finish the second half of his stewardship for Nigeria.
3) I must also state that I feel disenfranchised and traumatised by the N45 million price tag of the APC Presidential nomination forms. However, I remain a loyal and committed member of the APC.
4) The very high cost of nomination forms are a danger to our democracy.
5) In view of my withdrawal, I will not be contesting the Presidential primary election of our great party, the APC but will be supporting President Buhari in both the primary and general elections.
6) I will be deploying my campaign structure in full support of President Buhari’s second term bid
7) I enjoin my teeming supporters to rally behind President Buhari in his desire to stamp out corruption and reposition the country economically and politically.
8) I urge all Nigerian youths to support President Buhari in his second term bid as I remain hopeful that Mr President will support Nigerian youths to take over power in 2023.
9) I am very optimistic that a young President for Nigeria will emerge in 2023 from our great party, the APC. The not-too-Young-to-run movement is the icing on the cake towards achieving that goal.
10) Although I am now out of the Presidential race for 2019, I am NEVER out of my resolve and commitment towards building a NEW NIGERIA. In this regard, I will continue to do everything possible to fight for a NEW NIGERIA where poverty is the exception rather than the norm.
11). I thank my teeming supporters across the country for their unprecedented support and appeal to them to sustain the tempo because our journey to the Presidency is very much on course albeit not in 2019.
12). My campaign organisation will update our supporters on the next steps in this continuous fight to get to the promised land- The Presidency.
Dr Abubakar Alkali
APC Presidential Aspirant