Police Parade Zamfara Armed Bandits
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, concerned with the security situation in Zamfara State caused by the criminal activities of armed bandits, kidnap for ransom gangs and cattle rustlers terrorizing innocent people in Zurmi, Maru, Shinkafi, Tsafe, Maradun, Bakura LGAs and other flash points in Zamfara State, deployed Police Special Intervention Teams to the State to restore normalcy and ensure adequate security of lives and property in the State. The Police Team were mandated to restore lasting peace and bring perpetrators to justice.
2. On the 21st November, 2018, a IGP X-Squad attached to the Police Special Intervention Teams deployed by the Inspector General of Police to Zamfara State while on routine market patrol and surveillance along Gusau-Keita-Tsafe road in Keita Village, Tsafe Local Government Area of Zamfara State, working on actionable intelligence, trailed and arrested the above mentioned suspect, Sani Rabiu while riding a Red Boxer Motorcycle with Reg. No. Sokoto LLA 419 VJ and heading towards Tsafe Market. The suspect on sighting the Police Operatives, jumped off, pushed the motorcycle into a ditch and took to his heels into a forest with a bag containing Four (4) AK47 Rifles and Four (4) Empty Magazines.
3. The Police Operatives went after the suspect and arrested him after exchange of fire and recovered the Four (4) AK47 Rifles and Four (4) Empty Magazines.
4. On interrogation, the suspect, Sani Rabiu confessed to the Police investigation Team to be working with other armed bandits namely Ibro, Danjuma, Aliyu and other suspects terrorizing villages in Sokoto and Zamfara States.
5. Further investigation carried out by the Police Team on the matter revealed that the suspect belongs to notorious and vicious gang of armed bandits and kidnappers responsible for several attacks on innocent people in Keita village in Tsafe and other villages in Zamfara and Sokoto States.
6. Recently, the Zamfara State Police Command has arrested Sixty-Five (65) armed bandits in the last few weeks for attacks on villages in the State. The Command also has foiled armed bandit attacks on Hayim-Alhaji Village in Tsafe Local Government Area and recovered Two (2) Live Grenade and arrested several suspects in connection with the foiled attack.
ii. The Zamfara State Command has equally recovered Twenty-two firearms comprising Five (5) AK47 Rifles, Seventeen (17) other Locally manufactured firearms and One and Twenty (120) Ammunitions of AK47 Rifles.
iii. Other exhibits recovered from the armed bandits dislodged by the Zamfara State Police Command include Two Hundred and Sixty Nine (269) Cattle, One Hundred and Nine (109) Sheep in Tsafe LGA of Zamfara State in the last two (2) weeks. The cattle and sheep have been handed over to their owners.
7. The operation is ongoing and more efforts are being intensified to arrest other members of the armed bandit/kidnap for ransom gang to bring them to justice. All suspects will be arraigned in court on completion of investigation.
i. Sani Rabiu ‘m’ 30yrs from Ajja-mada of Gusau Local Government Area in Zamfara State
i. Four (4) AK47 Rifles
ii. Four (4) Empty Magazine
iii. Red Boxer Motorcycle with Reg. No. Sokoto LLA 419 VJ
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
365 days 2 hours 42 minutes 30 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
347 days 4 hours 23 minutes 55 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com