Police Nab Kidnappers of Zamfara Twins
Consequent on the Kidnap of one Hassana Bala ‘F’ 18yrs and her twin sister, Hussaina Bala ‘F’ 18yrs on 21/10/18 in Dauran Village, Zurmi LGA, Zamfara State when they went to distribute their wedding invitation cards to families and friends, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, directed a discrete investigation into the sudden disappearance of the Twins and bring perpetrators to justice.
2. The operatives of the IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) carried out a discrete investigation into the matter and succeeded in the arrest of the above mentioned Twelve (12) suspects who were directly responsible for the kidnap of the Twins, Hassana Bala and Hussaina Bala on 21/10/18 in Dauran Village Zurmi LGA Zamfara.
3. The suspects were arrested in various criminal hideouts in Katsina and Zamfara States. They confessed to the crime and admitted to the various criminal roles they played in the Kidnapping of the Twins and several other armed robberies, kidnapping and cattle rustling in Zamfara State and environs.
4. The Suspects also admitted to the Intelligence Response Team that they collected the sum of Fifteen Million Naira (N15m) as ransom before releasing the twins and shared the money Five Hundred thousand Naira (N500,000) each among themselves.
5. Investigation is in progress and effort is being intensified to arrest the gang leader, one Dankarami, 2ic of the gang Yellow who negotiated the ransom for the release of the Twins and Sirajo Dogo the mastermind of the kidnap, who were indicted in the confession statements of the suspects
6. Six (6) AK47 Rifles, Four (4) Magazines, Thirty Four (34) AK47 live ammunition and Four (4) Swords were recovered from their possession. They will all be arraigned in Court on completion of investigation
7. The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, has directed the Commissioners of Police and their supervisory Assistant Inspector General of Police in States and Zonal Commands to intensify the implementation of the on-going robust security arrangement to ensure adequate security nationwide throughout the New Year celebration and beyond. Special deployment will be carried out on the highways and major roads nationwide, places of worships, celebrations and recreation centres in all the States of the Federation and the FCT.
8. The on-going raids of criminal hideouts and back spots to remove all criminal elements, and the threat assessment currently being carried out throughout the Country will continue into the 2019 General Election and beyond in order to ensure secured environment for a free and fair election.
i. Nafiu Usman 28yrs a.k.a Baba Doctor, native of Wanke village in Gusau LGA – Sectional Leader
ii. Ma’aruf Usman of Wanari Village in Zurmi LGA
iii. Inusa Usman 40yrs native of Zurmi LGA
iv. Awal Jibril 41yrs native of Mada LGA
v. Shehu Mohammed 55yrs
vi. Alhaji Ibrahim Ibrahim 35yrs
vii. Ibrahim Sani 45yrs
viii. Kabiru Usman 30yrs
ix. Bala Garba 60yrs
x. Maigari Labbo 56yrs
xi. Mohammed Abdullahi Aramako 31yrs
xii. Salisu Mamman Wadatau 38yrs of Danjibga LGA the major informant of the Gang
i. Six (6) AK47 Rifles
ii. Four (4) Magazines,
iii. Thirty Four (34) AK47 live ammunition
iv. Four (4) Swords
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
94 days 15 hours 58 minutes 55 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
76 days 17 hours 40 minutes 20 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com