AIG Frederick Lakanu Appointed Secretary Nigeria Police Force
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, has appointed Assistant Inspector General of Police, AIG Frederick Taiwo Lakanu LL.B. (Hons), B.L, LL.M. (Leeds), fdc as the new Force Secretary and member of the Nigeria Police Force Management Team. The appointment takes immediate effect. The new Force Secretary has taken over from AIG Abdul Bube, who retired from the Force on 31st December, 2018 after Thirty-Five (35) Years of meritorious service.
2. AIG Frederick Taiwo Lakanu, fdc, was born on 12th October, 1959, in Lagos Island, Lagos State. He holds B.A. (Hons) Philosophy and LL.B. (Hons) from one of the foremost Universities in Nigeria, the prestigious University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos State, and Master in Law from the Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, United Kingdom.
3. The new Force Secretary is a self-motivated, experienced and versatile law enforcement officer, offering hands-on proven expertise gathered from all geo-political zones of the Country in Community Policing, Strategic Planning, Coordination, Supervision and Implementation, towards achieving higher levels of community service, public safety and security in Nigeria.
4. He attended several courses within and outside the Country, including Crime Investigation Course at the Police Staff College, Jos, and Developmental Course at Kofi Annan Centre for Peace Keeping, Accra, Ghana. He is also a fellow of National Defence College, Abuja.
5. He served in various capacities in the Force as AIG Federal Operations, Force Headquarters, Abuja, Commissioner of Police in Imo and Ekiti States, Commissioner of Police Airport Command, Lagos, Principal Staff Officer to the IGP (Force Headquarters Annex, Lagos) among others.
6. Until his recent appointment, he was the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of Zone 7 Headquarters, Abuja comprising the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Niger and Kaduna States. He has since assumed duty as the Force Secretary, Nigeria Police Force.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
99 days 21 hours 45 minutes 30 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
81 days 23 hours 26 minutes 55 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com