Kwarans Will Enjoy Social Health Insurance Scheme – Oloriegbe
Kwara Central Senator-Elect, Dr. Ibrahim Yahya Oloriegbe has assured stakeholders in health sector across the world that Abdulrahman Abdulrazak-led incoming government in Kwara State would implement Social Health Insurance Scheme in order to provide qualitative and accessible healthcare delivery to the people of the State.
Oloriegbe gave the assurance while speaking at the closing session of the conference titled “Future of Health Coverage,” held at Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam, Netherland, where he was invited as one of the participants to discuss way forward for the future of healthcare delivery across the globe.
The conference was organised by Netherland’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs in conjunction with Joep Lange Institute.
The medical doctor cum politician spoke specifically on the following amongst other contemporary health related topics:
1. Strengthening the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) in the National Act 2014 by expanding the fund basket from only 1% of Consolidated Revenue fund of FG to include State contributions, funds from Sin tax and a proportion of annual profit companies and donor funds to enable resources availability for Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
2. The signing and operationalization of the new NHIS law in Nigeria to ensure mandatory contribution and use of technology platforms among others.
3. Implementing the Social Health Insurance scheme in Kwara by the new government.
4. Promoting the use of mobile technology for developing platforms that will link accredited health facilities to clients to ensure easy access and quality of care delivery.
5. Formulating legislation that will regulate the use of digital technology and associated data management in health sector in Nigeria to ensure data protection, patient rights and quality services.
6. Promoting the use of digital technology for surgical and other trainings for health workers in Nigeria.
7. Legislation on making Aids more effective, efficient and increase participation of Nigerians in implementing aids programmes in Nigeria.
Also, Oloriegbe promised to exhibit his lifetime experiences in health services and management in collaborative efforts with every agencies seeking partnership towards improving the health services in Kwara State and Nigeria at large.
Media Aide to the Kwara Central Senator-Elect
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
94 days 21 hours 33 minutes 42 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
76 days 23 hours 15 minutes 7 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com