Police Nab Cultists, Robbery Syndicates in Anambra
ARREST OF A ONE CHANCE ROBBERY SYNDICATE.
On the 10/5/2019 at about 4:30pm,Police detectives attached to Isiuwulu Division arrested three man robbery syndicate as follows,
– Friday OKPE ‘m’ aged 24 years of Ijubam in Ado LGA of Benue State , residing at No:3 Obi Christian street Nkpor.
– Peter Ochai ‘m’ aged 21 years of Imgeala in Okpoku LGA Benue State residing at Afor Ogidi and,
– Chukwuebuka Okafor ‘ m’ aged 23 years of Uzoegbu Street, Nkpor.
2. Suspects had on the 19/4/2019 conspired and snatched a bag belonging to one Mercy Anekwe ‘f’ containing her money sum of fifteen thousand Naira (15000) camon Xpro valued at (#75,000)
TECNO 66I Valued (N7,800) and Power bank valued (#3,500) inside a KEKE NAPEP along Limca road Nkpor in Idemili North LGA of Anambra State.
3. Exhibit recovered from the suspects includes the Complainant’s SIM card.
4. Case under investigation after which suspects would be charged to Court for prosecution.
ARREST OF SUSPECTED CULT MEMBERS:
In order to stem the tide of cultism in the State, the Command Special Anti Cult unit (SPACS) has during the period under review carried out intensive Raids on Criminal hideouts in various communities within the State as follows,
2. On the 04/05/2019 at Okija /Ihiala axis, 18 suspected cultists arrested. On 05/05 /2019 at Ekwulobia axis, 06 suspected cultists arrested. 0n 06/05/19 at Nteje/Awkuzu axis 15 suspected cultists arrested. On 07/05/19 at Nkpor Uno , 05 suspected cultists arrested. On 08/05/2019, at Ifite Awka axis , 11 suspected cultists arrested. On the 09/05/2019, at Oko /Nanka, 22 suspected cultists arrested. On 10/05/19, at Enugwu ukwu/Nimo/Nise , 18 suspected cultists arrested respectively.
3. From all the raids carried out between 04/5/2019 to date, a total number of 95 suspected cultists were arrested. 32 suspects were screened out, 28 suspects charged to court. 10 were placed under police supervision for being under age, while 25 others are under investigation.
CONSPIRACY/KIDNAPPING/ EXTORTION AND OBTAINING UNDER FALSE PRETENSE :
On the 6/5/2019 one Rita Madubuonu ‘f’ aged 30 years of Okosi road Inland town Onitsha, reported at Inland town Division Onitsha that sometimes in 2012 her brother one Master Chinedu Anthony Madubuonu ‘m’ aged 21years of same address got missing and all efforts made to locate him proved abortive.
2. However, She was later contacted via phone call in 2013 by one Caroline surname unknown that her brother was imprisoned at Owerri Prison and that his release will be secured only if she makes payment into 2 Bank Accounts given to her.
3. Preliminary investigation revealed that Complainant was decieved by the syndicate and used as a conduit pipe to extort money from her under false pretense of securing the release of her missing brother whose whereabout is still unknown.
4. Following the report, Police detectives attached to the Command traced and arrested four suspects in connection with the crime as follows,
(i) Obierika Samuel Tochukwu ‘m’ aged 40yeas of Ezi_ Agulu village Aguleri
(ii) Godstime Okhae ‘m’ aged 26years of magazine Avenue GRA Onitsha.
(iii) Chinedu Joseph Madufor ‘m’ aged 20years of No. 2 New Nkisi Magazine junction GRA Onitsha .
(vi) Celestine Chukwuemeka ‘m’ aged 35yrs of No.27 Idigo Rd Aguleri.
5. Suspects have defrauded her of the sum of One million and four hundred thousand naira(#1.400,000) between 2013 and 2016 which she allegedly deposited into their Bank account in various instalments.
6. Case transferred to State Criminal investigation department (CID)for discreet investigation.
SP Haruna Mohammed, PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.