Police React Barricade of Road in Abuja, Threat of IPOB in Anambra
TRIBUNAL SITTING: BARRICADING OF ROAD WAS TO BEEF UP SECURITY
The FCT Police Command wishes to inform residents of the Federal Capital Territory that the barricading of roads leading to Court of Appeal, venue of the Presidential Election Tribunal, in the early hours of Wednesday was part of proactive measures by the Command to beef up security at the venue and forestall any act that could disrupt the Tribunal sitting and result in the breakdown of law and order.
2. While regretting the inconveniences this might have caused law abiding citizens, especially those who have to use the said route to access their offices and businesses, the Command wants reiterate that its action was purely to avoid any clash that might arise between supporters of both parties.
3. The Command seizes this medium to appreciate residents for their usual cooperation and reassure them that their safety is its utmost priority.
DSP Anjuguri Manzah
Police Public Relations Officer
For: Commissioner of Police,
FCT Police Command,
RE:THREATS BY PROSCRIBED IPOB MEMBERS TO ENFORCE SIT AT HOME ORDER ON THE 30/5/2019.
Information at the disposal of the Anambra State Police Command has revealed that the outlawed group, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) are perfecting plans through public announcement and threats in Nnewi and other parts of the State in order to enforce a “SIT AT HOME ORDER” warning people to stay at home and not to come out for any business activities on the 30/5/2019.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, the indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is still a proscribed organisation hence all its activities remains illegal.
3. The Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command CP Mustapha Dandaura enjoined all “Ndi Anambra” to disregard alleged calls by any group urging them to sit at home on the 30/5/2019 and go about their lawful businesses.
4. The CP further assure the Public that adequate security arrangements have been put in place by combined Security forces in the State to proactively nip in the bud any threat emanating from such groups.
5. Finally, the Command will therefore not hesitate to deal
decisively with and in accordance with the law any individual or groups under any guise that will disrupt Public Peace in the State.
SP Haruna Mohammed,
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO)Anambra State Command.
For- Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command