Police Nab Notorious House-Shop Breakers
At about 5:15am on July 6, 2019 while on stop and search operation along Ifite road Awka,Police patrol team attached to ‘B’ Division accosted one Elendu Wisdom ‘m’ aged 26years, and upon a search of his person, house/shop breaking implements such as hammer, knives and a sawing device were found concealed underneath his wears.
2. Suspect was immediately searched and the following exhibits were recovered from him,
(I) Assorted satchets of hot drinks, chamdor bottle wine, food stuffs, cigarettes etc which he confessed upon interrogation to have stolen from a shop at First Market Ifite Awka at about 04:am of today.
3. Scene was visited by Police detectives and incident confirmed by the shop owner, one Chinwe Madukegbu ‘f’, who put the value of the stolen items at #75,000.
4. The suspect, a plaster of paris (POP) work designer, who hails from Asa in Ukwa West LGA of Abia state, but resides at Awkuzu in Oyi LGA, was recently released from the prison over a similar case.
5. Consequently, on the 05/07/2019 at about 2:pm,Police patrol team attached to Awada Division arrested one Chika Udeze ‘m’ aged 26years of no fix address.
6. Suspect broke into the residence of one Ifeanyi Igwe ‘m’ of No 22B Isunje Aba Street, Awada and stole various items of clothing apparels.
7. He has confessed to the crime and other cases of house breaking, burglary and stealing within the area.
8.Meanwhile, all items stolen by the suspect from the residence of his victim have been recovered.
9. Furthermore, On the 6/7/2019 at about 5:am, along Ifite Road Awka, Police patrol team attached to ‘B’ Division intercepted a white Toyota truck with registration number Lagos, XT 676 SMK conveying iron rods, with two occupants namely- one Adama Michael ‘m’ driver of the vehicle and one Michael Okonkwo ‘m’ a local vigilante at Ifite
10. Preliminary investigation revealed that suspects allegedly stole the items valued at #200,000 belonging to one Ifeanyi Jideobi ‘m’ from his building site at Ntuku Ngbagu area of Ifite Awka.
11. All cases are under investigation after which suspects would be charged to Court for prosecution.
SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For-commissioner of Police Anambra State Command