Police, Labour Discuss Trade Disputes, Security Challenges in Anambra
In order to enhance a robust synergy with the organized labour Union in the State, the Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command CP John B. Abang, fdc has today thursday 25/7/2019 met with the State executives of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) in his office at the State Command headquarters Awka.
2.Topical issues bordering on trade disputes and other Security challenges in the State were discussed extensively.
3. Speaking on behalf of the organized labour in the State, the NLC Chairman Comrade Jerry Nnubia commended the CP for recognizing the labour Union and assures him of their maximum support towards ensuring Peace in the State.
4. Similarly, the State Chairman Trade Union Congress (NUT) Comrade Okechukwu Ifeanyi described the Commissioner of Police CP John B. Abang as “CP extra ordinaire” and also assured him of their cooperation.
5. Meanwhile, other stakeholders in the meeting includes the Chairman Joint Negotiation Council, Comrade Ikenna Jibike ,National Vice Chairman RATTAWU , Prince Emeka Kalu and host of others.
6.Responding,the CP thanked them for honouring his invitation and presented souvenirs to the leaders of NLC and TUC to show his gratitude and further strengthen the cordial relationships between them.
7. Consequently, the CP also met with the executives of National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS)Anambra State chapter over their alleged plans to stage a protest at MTN and Shoprite premises in order to show their displeasure over Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.
8. Also at the meeting are represetives of MTN and Shoprite malls who vehemently condemned the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa and called for a proactive measures to forestall any further attacks noting that majority of the workers in those places are Nigerians themselves.
9. In his response, the CP urged the NANS leadership to be cautious when exercising their Rights to freedom of Assembly without resorting to violence or intimidation which could lead to breakdown of law and order.
10.Finally, the NANS leadership assured the CP that they are law abiding and will continue to cooperate with the Command in order to promote safety and Security in the State.
SP Haruna Mohammed
PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
338 days 6 hours 10 minutes 49 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
320 days 7 hours 52 minutes 14 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com