Police Operatives Nab 80 Cultists
-Also arrested four suspects in military camouflages.
-And foiled cult initiations at Abagana forest, arrested four suspects and recovered Arms/ammunition and other incriminating items.
In order to stem the tide of cultism and other nefarious activities in the State, the Command Special Anti Cult Unit in conjunction with Puff-Adder/Kpochakpu operatives had during the week under review raided various hideouts and blackspots where cultists are suspected to be hibernating in various locations within the State as follows,
2. On the 08/12/19 at Ogidi /Nkpor axis, 15 suspected cultists arrested. On the 09 /12 /19 at Awka /Amansea axis, 10 suspected cultists arrested. 0n the 10/12 /19 at Onitsha /Nkpor axis, 07 suspected cultists arrested. On the 11 /12 /19 at Oba/Nnewi axis , 22 suspected cultists arrested. On the 12/12 /19, at Nsugbe/Nkwelle-ezunaka axis , 10 suspected cultists arrested. On the 13 /12 /19, at Ogbunike/Abagana axis , 18 suspected cultists arrested.
3. From all the raids carried out, a total of 82 suspects were arrested out of which 25 suspects were screened out, 15 suspects were charged to court, while 42 suspects are undergoing investigation.
4. Meanwhile, exhibits recovered from the suspects who confessed being members of secret cult groups includes seven (07) machetes , three (03)axes, one (01) dagger, one (01) vikings barret, five (05) improvised bunkers for inhaling substances and some quantity of weeds suspected to be cocain /cannabis sativa respectively.
5. Consequently, the Command Special Anti cult unit had on the 5/12/19 arrested one Joseph Onyedika ‘ m’ aged 23yrs of okposi in Ohaozara LGA of Eboyi State,(2) Emmanuel Christopher ‘m’ aged 27years of Oraifite in Ekwusigo LGA of Anambra State and (3) ThankGod Sike ‘m’ aged 25 years of Obioma Ngwa in Abia State but residing at Nnewi In Anambra State.
6. Suspects were arrested wearing Military camouflaged uniforms under pretence that they are serving military personnel and a Jack knife was also recovered in their possession.
7. Meanwhile,preliminary investigation revealed that two of the suspects were fake soldiers while the remaining one is undergoing further investigation at the military cantonment to ascertain his true identity.
8. In another development,following intelligence report, Police operatives attached to Special Anti cult unit (SPACS) stormed a forest located within Abagana in Njikoka LGA of Anambra State and arrested four male suspects who confessed that they were to initiate new members into Black axe confraternity before they rounded up by the Police.
9. Exhibits recovered from the suspects includes one locally made double barrel Pistol ,one locally made Beretta pistol , five live cartridges,12 expended cartridges,one musical Drum, one big axe, one gallon containing mixed concoction ,charms and other incriminating items.
10. All cases are under investigations after which suspects would be charged to court for prosecution
11. The Commissioner of Police CP John Abang,fdc reassures the Public of adequate protection before during and after the Christmas/New year celebrations.The CP further made a clarion call on all Ndi Anambra and residents alike to report any suspicious persons or movements to the nearest Police Station or call police emergency number 07039194332 for prompt response, please.
SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command.
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command
Police Recover Firearms in Katsina
Our unwavering commitment to the protection of lives and property of citizens of the state is yielding positive result. This fit was achieved as a result of robust community policing engagement through the process of dialogue, visibility policing, unrelenting and aggressive counter crime strategies.
I must as well commend the collective effort, support and cooperation of well meaning people in the state to the police.
RECOVERY OF PROHIBITED FIREARMS AND ARREST OF SUSPECTS: On 11/12/2019 at about 22:00hrs, information was received that the following suspected persons:
Alhaji Haruna Sani, m, aged 65yrs
Ibrahim Rabi’u, m, aged 54yrs
Alhaji Abdulrahaman Harisu, m, aged 40yrs and Anas Harisu, m, aged 23yrs all of Dallawa Magaji Wando and Arawa Tumburkai villages of Dandume LGA of Katsina state are in possession of Two AK 47 rifles – prohibited firearms. Operation Puff Adder, led by O/C SARS Katsina swiftly swung into action, mobilized to the location and arrested the above named suspects. In the course of investigation suspects confessed to the crime and led policemen to the scene where two AK 47 rifles with breech numbers 406071 and 1413174 D60 were recovered.
Suspects confessed to have seized the firearms from suspected bandits that attacked their villages sometimes in the month of December, 2018 but refused to hand over the seized weapons to the police. Investigation is ongoing.
SP GAMBO ISAH,
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
KATSINA STATE COMMAND
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
420 days 10 hours 51 minutes 55 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
402 days 12 hours 33 minutes 20 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com