Youths Digest Shortlists 30 finalists for Campus Journalism Awards 2020
Youths Digest, the organisers of the annual Campus Journalism Awards, (CJA), has shortlisted 30 Finalists for the 2020 edition of the awards.
A total of 266 entries were received from over 50 institutions. The finalists were selected after a rigorous screening exercise by a special committee for fifteen categories of the awards
The award categories including, Upcoming Writer, Entertainment Writer, Sports Writer, Reporter, Gender Equality Reporter, Broadcaster and Photo-journalist.
Others are: Pen Club, Author (Book), Social Media Influencer, Investigative Journalist, Features Writer, Editor, Print Magazine, and the grand award of Campus Journalist of the Year.
According to Alfred Olufemi, who headed the screening committee, the entries were graded based on merit but said some of those categories are were very competitive.
“The quality of the entries received shows that journalism in the students’ space has gone beyond what we used to have in the past. Students did excellent reporting, investigations and insightful features.
“The eventual winners of the categories of the Campus Journalism Awards will be announced after a final screening by a panel judges at Bolton White Hotel, Area 11, Abuja on Saturday 28th March 2020,” he added.
He also disclosed that Mr Sunday Dare, Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports will be the keynote speaker at the event while the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu will be the Special Guest of Honour and Comrade Auwal Musa Rafsanjani, Executive Director of CISLAC will be the Chief Host.
There would also be a presentation of a book titled a ‘Musings of Young Minds: A collection of articles by campus journalists,” edited by Gidado Yushau Shuaib.
The theme for the 2020 CJA is “Press Freedom: Catalyst for Good Governance”.
Also, at the event, the winner of the Campus Investigative challenge sponsored by CISLAC will also be announced.
The finalists will be provided with accommodation, feeding and stipends for local transport.
LIST OF CAMPUS JOURNALISM AWARDS FINALISTS
Below are the finalists and their institutions:
1. Kafilat Taiwo – Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
2. Muhyideen Kolawole – Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto
3. Olufemi Damilola – Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko
4. Abdulhamid Abdullahi Aliyu – Bayero University Kano
5. Yusuf Mutiu Olaitan – University of Ilorin
6 Hassan Abdulsalam – Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
7. Ajala Samuel – Federal University Oye Ekiti
8. Daniel Whyte – Federal University Oye Ekiti
9. Mariam Ileyemi – Lagos State University
10. Victoria Ifeolu – American University of Nigeria
11. Abdulwaheed Sofiullahi – Usmanu Danfodiyo University
12. Owolabi Kuburat – Usmanu Danfodiyo University
13. Abdulhaleem Ishaq Ringim – School of Nursing, ABU Teaching Hospital
14. Uthman Samad – Obafemi Awolowo University
15. Ojurongbe Sodiq – Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
16. Abiodun Jamiu – Usmanu Danfodiyo University
17. Peter Oyebanji – Obafemi Awolowo University
18. Stephen Enoch – Bayero University Kano
19. Qosim Suleiman – Usmanu Danfodiyo University
20. Prince Innocent Federal University Otuoke
21. Muhammad Auwal – Ahmadu Bello University
22. Solomon Oladipupo – University of Lagos
23. Ridhwan Adetutu Abdullahi – University of Ilorin
24. Ikulajolu Adesola – Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko
25. News Digest Press, (UDUS)
26. Mohammed Dahiru Lawal – Bayero Univesity Kano
27. LASUGONG Newspaper (LASU)
28. Adeyinka Ademola – The Polytechnic Ibadan
29. Mohammed Yakubu – IBB University
30. Udeobasi Blessing – University of Nigeria Nsukka
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
120 days 15 hours 38 minutes 53 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
102 days 17 hours 20 minutes 18 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com