Police Probe Uwaila’s Death, CGI Hosts Virtual Meeting
Police Probe Death of Ms Vera Uwaila in Edo
As part of deliberate and concerted efforts by the Nigeria Police High Command to unravel the circumstances surrounding the brutal attack and unfortunate death of Miss Vera Uwaila Omosuwa in Benin, Edo State on 28th and 30th May, 2020 respectively, the Inspector General of Police has deployed additional investigations aids and forensic support to Edo State Police Command to complement and expedite actions in the ongoing investigations into the unfortunate incident.
The IGP, while condemning the attack, commiserates with the family, friends and colleagues of the deceased. He calls for calm and assures that the Force will surely bring the perpetrators of the callous act to book in the shortest possible time.
DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Immigration Boss Hosts Virtual Meeting with Passort Officers
This programme was anchored from the NIS Headquarters Abuja, on Monday 1st June, 2020. We live in an unusual time that demands working while keeping social and physical distancing, adhering with NCDC protocols and above all, keeping the workforce on their toes.
2. The CGI, Muhammad Babandede, MFR, called for this meeting to address the Passport Officers nationwide in a virtual meeting and participants includes the Zonal Coordinators of the Eight (8) Zones of the Service; Zone A to H and all the State Command Comptrollers as well as the Lagos State Passport Command among others.
3. The meeting, virtual in nature, has a great impact in redirecting the efforts of CGI Babandede towards rejuvenating and reinvigorating the new order in Passport processing and procedure, adoption of processes that will bring ease and restore confidence of Nigerians to the process. It is also to enhance the value of the document “The Green Passport Our Pride”.
4. CGI Babandede directed that no extra charges are allowed apart from the approved fees that is on our website and all official publications of the Service. Nigerians are not to be surcharged but we must serve them sincerely to gain their confidence.
5. He also emphasized that Automatic Passport Reminder system is being test run at the Service headquarters where payment and other process status are being communicated to the applicant in the form of feedback and that same should be implemented by all the Passport officers.
6. The meeting is to set the pace for enforcement of compliance on payment for passport online, and that all the Passport Officers should establish a Front Desk office for our teaming applicants so as to ensure applications are submitted directly to the institution and not to individuals.
7. On the issue of loss and stolen Passports, the Passport Officers were advised to set up tracking mechanism. Hence, loss and stolen Passports should be treated on their merits and due diligence process should be followed to avoid culpability in Passport related offences.
8. The Passport Officers as the frontline officers in the administration and issuance of Passport to bonafide Nigerians are exposed, they were as well cautioned on the need to be safety and health conscious in handling both the Passport and attending to the applicants by observing prescribed NCDC protocols to avoid the spread of COVID-19 from person to person and material to person while rendering service to the public.
DCI Sunday James pcc
Service Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller General of Immigration
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
420 days 6 hours 49 minutes 36 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
402 days 8 hours 31 minutes 1 second
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com