How Youth Parliament become Engine Room of Democracy- Sunday Dare
1. The Hon. Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Hon. Sunday Dare, has stated that, no nation is worth its salt without proper legislation, he made this statement during a meeting he had with the Nigerian Youth Parliamentarians.
2. The Minister said that, as members of the Youth Parliament, they are bound to gain experience which is most critical in governance. He added that, it is very likely that most of the present parliamentarians will end up becoming tomorrow’s Law Makers and also be able to affect the lives of others with their experience.
3. As regards budgeting, he assured the Parliamentarians that, he will ensure that what is meant for them is not taken out during budget defence. On the issue of tenure review, the Minster explained that, in government, programmes are not easily changed; government is a process and not a switch.
4. Mr. Dare explained that though, Covid-19 pandemic had caused a huge gap that slowed down strategic planned initiatives, the ministry never allowed the lockdown to affect the execution of its programmes, since they were all timed.
5. He advised the Parliamentarians the best way to engage the youth is online through the social media, as the ministry is doing. He also encouraged the Parliamentarians to create its Whatsapp Platform if it doesn’t have existing one to enable them work together with the ministry.
6. Earlier, the Speaker of the Youth Parliament, Mr. Mubarrack Mijinyawa in his speech appreciated the Hon. Minister for initiating the meeting, he requested the Minister to assist them in holding their regular sittings and also appealed for tenure review, approve allowances for NYP Members and ensure exchange programmes for the NYP amongst others.
7. The meeting was attended by 37 Youth Parliamentarians representing the six Geo-Political zones of the Country.
Justina Lami Obida
For: Director (Press)
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
209 days 13 hours 37 minutes 27 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
191 days 15 hours 18 minutes 52 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com