Former Finance Ministers Lead Kano-Jigawa Forum on Post Covid-19 Pandemic
The Governors of Kano and Jigawa States, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and Alhaji Muhammad Badaru Abubakar, respectively have commended the effort of the Kano-Jigawa Professionals Forum (KJPF) for embarking on the Post Covid-19 (ANNOBA) Project aimed at addressing the socio-economic challenges brought about by the pandemic in the two states.
At separate virtual presentations of the abridged report to the two Governors by the Forum, its Chairman, Dr Shamsuddeen Usman, said the project’s framework covers the following eight workstreams: Education; Socio Economic; Governance; Health; Media & Communication; Infrastructure & Logistics; Technology; and Legal & Regulatory.
Dr Usman further explained that the underlying objective of the Annoba project was to learn lessons from the pandemic and to plan for managing the impact of the present and future circumstances on the socio-economic well being of the people of both Kano and Jigawa States.
In their separate responses, the two Governors expressed delight with the report and promised to sustain collaboration with the Kano-Jigawa Professionals Forum (KJPF) in implementing the recommendations of the report, as well as in advancing the overall socio-economic development of the two states.
The Governors commended the unique initiative of the members of the Forum in lending their vast knowledge and experience in providing solutions to the critical challenges affecting the lives and livelihoods of people of the two States, in their capacity as concerned professionals.
The Governors enjoined the Forum to continue with this collaboration, which draws on the vast knowledge and experience of its members, to enhance the development of their States, in particular and the nation, in general.
Participants at the virtual meetings with the Governors included the Deputy Governors, Right Hon. Speakers and some Hon. Members of the Houses of Assembly, Secretaries to the State Governments, Some Hon. Members of the State Executive Councils and other officials from the two States.
The Chairman KJPF, also informed the Governors that the report of the Annoba Project was the outcome of work, over the last 8 months, 0f 159 professionals from within and outside the two states, who worked on purely voluntary and Pro-bono bases. The Forum which was founded in 2018, has its focus as mentoring youths from the two states to become well groomed professionals.
The membership of the KJPF is comprised of citizens of the two States that have risen to the pinnacle of their professional associations, particularly by serving as national Presidents of their professionals associations.
The membership of the Kano-Jigawa Professionals Forum-KJPF is as follows:
1. Dr. Shamsuddeen Usman, OFR, CON (Former Finance Minister) – Chairman
2. Engr. Mansur Ahmed (Former Finance Minister) – Member
3. Alhaji Muhammad ABUBAKAR, MFR – Member
4. Prof. Musa Borodo – Member
5. Malam Halilu Ibrahim Dantiye, mni – Member
6. Malam Muhammad Garba – Member
7. Engr. Habu A. Gumel, OON – Member
8. Arc. Ibrahim A. HARUNA – Member
9. Engr. Ibrahim Khaleel Inuwa, OFR – Member (late) – Member
10. Prof. Munzali Jibril, OFR – Member
11. Mal. Ado Jibrin – Member
12. Alhaji Abdulkadir Kawu – Member
13. A. B. Mahmoud SAN, OON – Member
14. Alhaji Ahmed Rufa’i Muhammad – Member
Engr. Hauwa A. Sadiq – Member
15. Malam Garba Shehu – Member
Engr. Mustafa Balarabe 17. Shehu – Member
18. Bldr. Tijjani Shu’aibu – Member
19. Malam Isma’ila Usman – Member
20. Maj. Gen. U. T. Usman (rtd) – Member
21. Pharm. Ahmed Ibrahim Yakasai – Member
22. Malam Isma’ila M. Zakari – Member
22. Hon. Muhammad Sani Zorro – Member
23. Malam Kuliya A. Zubair – DG KAPEDI/KJPF
Dr Shamsuddeen Usman, OFR, CON
Chairman Kano-Jigawa Professionals Forum (KJPF)
15th January, 2021
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
418 days 15 hours 55 minutes 24 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
400 days 17 hours 36 minutes 49 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com