• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home National Dasuki to Appeal Judgement on Unlawful Detention
  • National
  • Security

Dasuki to Appeal Judgement on Unlawful Detention

By
Prnigeria
-
March 4, 2016
PRNigeria logo fearured image

ex-nsa_sambo_dasuki_arriving_the_court_with_his_lawyer_ahmed_raji… Judge Says EFCC is Different from DSS

A Federal Capital Territory High Court has dismissed an application brought before it by former National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki.

Dasuki’s lawyers promised to appeal the judgement since it would prevent them from having access to him.

The ex NSA had earlier alleged that President Muhammadu Buhari was behind his unlawful arrest and detention without trial since December 29, 2015.

In the application, Dasuki had sought an order of the court prohibiting the Federal Government and any of its agencies from further prosecuting him until the order admitting him to bail is obeyed so that he could have access to his lawyers.

His application was on the ground that the charge against him cannot lawfully be prosecuted by a government that is in brazen disobedience of a lawful court order.

Read Also:

  • DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder
  • VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest
  • Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m

Alternatively, Dasuki prayed the court for an order staying further proceedings in the charge until he has exhausted the remedies available to him in law for the enforcement of his right to liberty as
preserved by the bail order granted him.

In his ruling, Justice Peter Affen relying on Section 221and 396 (2) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA), said that it is of common knowledge that Dasuki was rearrested upon perfecting his bail condition.

Justice Affen who praised what he described as the “gallant efforts” of the counsels to the defendant, however said his earlier order prohibiting the EFCC from rearresting Dasuki did not constitute immunity from “further prosecution.”

Justice Affen ruled that since it was clear that the ex-NSA was not re-arrested by the EFCC but by the Department of State Service, the EFCC could not be said to have violated the said order granting him bail.

The judge ruled that though the EFCC and the DSS were both federal agencies, the wrongdoing of one could not be blamed on other.

The Judge added that the order granting him bail did not preclude him from being re-arrested by other agencies of the Federal Government in respect of other alleged crime.

Reacting to the ruling, counsel to Dasuki, Ahmed Raji SAN, said there is a “high possibility” of appealing the judgment, saying if justice must be served, then counsels must be allowed unfettered access to their clients.

The court subsequently adjourned further hearing on the substantive suit to April 20 and 22.

by PRNigeria

VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • ACJA
  • Administration of Criminal Justice Act
  • Justice Peter Affen
  • sambo dasuki
Previous articleAGF Pledges Support For Biometric Data Capturing Of All OAGF Staff
Next articleSambisa Operation: Escaping Terrorists meet their Waterloo
Prnigeria
Prnigeria
https://prnigeria.com
PRNigeria is the pioneer Press Release Distribution agency in Nigeria. A member of image Merchant Promotions limited, PRNigeria encourages individuals and organisations to be more transparent in their information management. with dedicated Editorial staffs, the PRNigeria ensures that information provided on its platforms are timely, factual and authoritative Read more at: //prnigeria.com/about/
Facebook Twitter

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

Director General, Major General Babatunde Alaya, Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, and President of DMG event, Christopher Hudson,

DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder

VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest

CP Ibrahim Adamu Bakori of Kano State

Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m

Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations

Nigerian Army

Army Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-Up

PRNigeria’s Factchecker Wins Best Open Source Intelligence Award in West Africa

Navy Launches Exercise OMI AILEWU 2025 to Boost Maritime Security

Police Service Commission

PSC, Police Move to Recruit 30,000 Policemen, Inaugurate Joint Committee

Troops of Nigerian Army after successfully foiling an ambush by Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Sokoto as Police Arrest Kidnappers in Niger State

Seal of the Nigerian Senate

Akpabio Dissolves Senate Committees on National Security and Intelligence, Air Force

the Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), Vice Admiral Idi Abbas

Nigerian Navy Elevates 15 Rear Admirals, 31 Commodores, 81 Others

NAF logo

NAF Promotes 27 AVMs, 30 Air Commodores

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder
  • VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest
  • Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m
  • Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations
  • Army Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-Up
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in GunpowderVP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to RestKano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28mTroops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno OperationsArmy Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-UpPRNigeria’s Factchecker Wins Best Open Source Intelligence Award in West AfricaNavy Launches Exercise OMI AILEWU 2025 to Boost Maritime SecurityPSC, Police Move to Recruit 30,000 Policemen, Inaugurate Joint CommitteeTroops Foil Bandit Attack in Sokoto as Police Arrest Kidnappers in Niger StateAkpabio Dissolves Senate Committees on National Security and Intelligence, Air ForceNigerian Navy Elevates 15 Rear Admirals, 31 Commodores, 81 OthersNAF Promotes 27 AVMs, 30 Air CommodoresCustoms PR Unit Shines at CGC Award Night as Kano/Jigawa Command Clinches Multiple HonoursCustoms, Gambia Revenue Authority Seal AEO CollaborationKano Police Deploys Additional Operatives to Secure Communities, Schools
X whatsapp