Orders Massive Deployment Of Police Personnel Throughout the
Country To Ensure Hitch Free Celebrations
The Inspector General of Police IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM mni on behalf of the Officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force heartily felicitates with Muslims faithful in Nigeria on the occasion of the 2016 Eid-El-Kabir celebration.
2. In order to ensure adequate security and guarantee utmost protection of life and property during the celebration and throughout the public holidays, the Inspector General of Police has directed the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of zonal commands and all the Commissioners of Police in the state commands to deploy adequate personnel to cover all the Eid-El-Kabir praying grounds, recreation centres, public places, public infrastructures and utilities, and other points and venues where celebration will take place.
3. Similarly, the Police Commanders are directed to collaborate with sister agencies, cultivate intelligence, interface with community leaders to monitor the activities of undesirable elements in the society who may take undue advantage of the public holidays to cause mischief and disturb public peace.
4. The Police mobile Force, Counter Terrorism Units, Explosive Ordinance Department and personnel and of criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department will also be deployed to all the locations mentioned above. Sustained surveillance and special attention will be paid to flash/vulnerable points and other identifiable hot spots to prevent criminalities during the sallah celebration and beyond.
5. The Nigeria Police Force is confident that with the operational strategies being executed for the Sallah festivities will guarantee a peaceful and hitch free Eid-El-Kabir celebration. The IGP therefore wishes the Muslim faithful and all Nigerians a happy celebration. He however implores them to be vigilant and continue to support the Police to prevent crimes in their localities.
6. The Inspector General of Police commends the dedication and commitment of officers in ensuring that security and peace prevail throughout the Country despite the enormous challenges.
DCP Don N. Awunah, fsi
Force Public Relations Officer,
PRNigeria encourages institutions to be transparent in their information management as it provides news items from authoritative sources for free use by the media
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
210 days 17 minutes 10 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
192 days 1 hour 58 minutes 35 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com