Police Beef Up Security Ahead Yuletide in Anambra
-CP directed all Area Commanders, DPOS /unit heads to intensify Raids on black Spots and sustain ongoing Stop and search Operations.
-Warned personnel attached to VIPS to adhere strictly on rules guiding use of firearms and refrain from unauthorized sporadic shootings on air.
-Enjoins parents to caution and restrain their wards from the use of fireworks during this Yuletide.
In order to enhance safe and secure environment for all “Ndi Anambra” and residents alike, especially during this festive period and to ensure a peaceful Christmas/ new year celebrations in the State,the Commissioner of Police CP John B.Abang,fdc has directed all Area Commanders,DPOS ,PMF and other striking units in the State to intensify raids on black spots and criminal hideouts; sustain the ongoing stop and search/ tactical operation duties and night patrols in order to deny miscreants and criminal elements the opportunity to operate within the State throughout the festive season.
2. The CP further directed the Department of Operations to embark on Statewide visiting rounds to observe levels of compliance to his directives as well as strategies emplaced by Area Commanders, DPOs,Operations Kpochakpu II, Unit heads in their Areas of responsibilities.
3. Consequently, All officers in the Command are also placed on red alert at their respective duty posts and directed to respond promptly to any situation or distress from members of the Public.
4. The Commissioner of Police equally warned Police personnel including PMF /SPU attached to VIPs visiting the State during the yuletide period to adhere strictly to the rules guiding use of firearms as contained in the revised Force order 237 and also refrain from unauthorized sporadic shootings on air,noting that any officer found violating such order would be dealt with in accordance with the laid down procedure.
5.The use of Knock-outs,Fire crackers and other forms of fireworks in the State also constitute a serious security risk as it is capable of misleading the Police and other Security Agencies on apparent danger of gunshots as well as engender fear in the minds of the peace loving citizens.
6. In view of this, Parents and Guardians are strongly advised to warn their Children and wards from purchasing and using knockouts as the law governing the sales, purchase and use of Fireworks is still in Force.
7. Finally, the Commissioner of Police equally appreciate the cooperation of the Citizens for availing the Command with useful information that helps in promoting safety and Security in the State.He further reassures the Public of adequate protection and urges them the report any suspicious persons or movements to the nearest Police Station or call police emergency number 07039194332 for prompt response, please.
SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command.
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.