Again, Nigerian Troops Launch Aggressive Attack on BHTs, Recover 3 Guntrucks in Wurge Axis
1. In continuation with the ongoing robust/aggressive operations in the North East Theatre of Operation, the gallant troops of 3 Battalion/Quick Response Force Army Super Camp 11 Gamboru in Borno State on targeted patrol had yet another fierce encounter with some Boko Haram/ISWAP marauders in a convoy of seven gun trucks and many motorcycles approaching the Battalion’s location at about 1800 hours on the 7th of April 2020.
2. Consequently, the criminals were over powered after which they took to their heels. They were aggressively pursued up to Wurge axis by the gallant troops/the Quick Response Force.
3. The fierce fire fight led to the death of two terrorists an uncomfirmed number were wounded. Additionally, Three (3) Gun Trucks, Two (2) Anti Aircraft Guns, Two (2) AK 47 Rifles, One (1) HK 21 Rifle and One Rocket Propelled Grenade Tube were abondoned by the terrorists and recovered by the troops. Other items recovered are – Multi Links, Ten (10) 1.5 MM Ammunition, Two (2) Magazines and a Bluetooth Speaker with Boko Haram Terrorists’ victory song.
4. No soldier lost his life or wounded, and no equipment was lost during the battle.
5. It would be recalled that just yesterday the combined troops of 403 Special Forces Brigade Baga and Niger Republic troops assisted by the Air Task Force Operation LAFIYA DOLE decisively pounded some Boko Haram/ISWAP Criminals at Kure village along Tumbun Rago and Tumbun Fulani general areas of Borno State leading to the death of One (1) terrorist and the recovery of One (1) AK 47 Rifle, a Gun Truck, Anti Aircraft and Light Machine Guns among others.
6. Members of the public are again requested to continue to cooperate and support the military and other security agencies with credible information in order to speed up the final defeat of terrorism/terrorists in Nigeria.
Defence Media Operations
8 April 2020