NIS Promotes 100 Senior Immigration Officers, 3,548 Junior Officers
The comptroller General of Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede, MFR, today 5th August 2020, virtually decorated senior officers of the NIS promoted by the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Board (CDCFIB), vide a letter referenced CDCFIB/NIS/DTS/CORR/503/138.
2. The total number of senior officers promoted is as follows:
a. CIS – ACG………….. 29
b. DCI – CIS …………… 71
3. The number of junior officers who were also promoted within the same period is 3,548 and 118 conversions.
4. During the virtual decoration of 29 ACGs and 71 Comptrollers, the Comptroller General of Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede, MFR, congratulated the affected Officers and urged them to exhibit high sense of professionalism and commitment to duty in line with the mandate of the Service especially in furtherance of the Federal Government’s policy on ease of doing business.
5. He directed that all other officers promoted be decorated at the Zonal and Command levels and warned that any write-up by officers and men must be conveyed through official channels of the Service not otherwise. He further said he will empower DCGs and ACGs to take responsibility. Directorates are to receive mails meant for them and treat accordingly adding that the EDMS is near completion and from now onward no hardcopy files will be treated as all correspondence to the CGI will be treated e-based.
6. Babandede added that an Indian was caught abusing the expatriate quota approval and by the CGI’s directive, he was arrested for appropriate sanctions.
7. A commissioner of the CDCFIB, Maj. Gen EE Bassey (Rtd) in his address, advised the newly promoted officers to justify the promotion by working harder and adding value to the Service.
DCI Sunday James pcc
Service Public Relations Officer
For Comptroller General of Immigration