NPF Microfinance Bank Launched and Other Police Stories
IGP MOVES TO IMPROVE PERSONNEL FINANCIAL WELFARE SERVICES – LAUNCHES NPF MICROFINANCE BANK E-BANKING TECHNOLOGY/MOBILE APP
In line with the commitment of the Force to improving the welfare of its personnel, especially in the area of providing financial services such as retail banking, soft loans and advances, financial advisory etc, the Inspector General of Police, IGP M.A Adamu, NPM, mni, today 10th March, 2021 launched the Nigeria Police Microfinance Bank (NPF-MFB) e-Banking Technology including the Mobile Banking App and the *5757# USSD code.
The IGP, during the unveiling of the new banking technology and digital innovation at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, noted that the initiative will help improve banking experience, customer interaction and operational efficiencies for both serving and retired Police Officers and the general public that own accounts and does other financial transactions with the NPF-Micro Finance Bank.
The IGP further noted that the NPF-MFB, established on 19th May, 1993, is fast growing as one of the leading Microfinance Bank in Nigeria. This, he stated is evident in its expansion from a single branch at creation to thirty-five (35) branches presently across Nigeria. The new e-Banking Technology Mobile Banking App and the *5757# USSD code is part of the determination of the Force to evolve technologically and improve the services rendered by the Bank to Police officers across the country.
Meanwhile, the IGP reaffirms the commitment of the Nigeria Police Force to the welfare of its personnel, noting that financial stress-free life is key to personnel performance. He encouraged police personnel, retired police officers and the general public to maximize the enormous services and benefits the new technological innovation that the Nigeria Police Microfinance Bank provide.
CP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
COVID-19 VACCINES: CP LAGOS INSPECTS COLD STORE, FORTIFIES SECURITY.
Warns Staff Against Negligence
The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu, on Tuesday 9th March, 2021, inspected the Lagos State cold store, located at Ikeja, Lagos State, where the COVID-19 vaccines are being kept for adequate deployment of men and security of the vaccines.
The Commissioner of Police, who was received by the Lagos State Immunisation Officer, Mrs Bola Orefejo and team, warned the staff at the cold store to be sensitive to the safety of the vaccines and ensure that unauthorised staff or individuals are not allowed into the premises of the cold store
The police boss however directed the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, DCP Ahmed Kontangora, to deploy adequate police personnel to the facility and ordered the Area commander, Area F, ACP Ali Zongo and Divisional Police Officers, Ikeja, CSP Taiwo Oyewale to personally supervise the men detailed to provide security for the staff and the vaccines accordingly.
The Commissioner of Police also warned that the entire surroundings of the store be cordoned off while the entire area is made free of intruders.
CSP OLUMUYIWA ADEJOBI (mnipr)
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
LAGOS STATE COMMAND
DATED 10TH MARCH, 2021
DEATH OF A BANDIT AND RECOVERY OF ONE AK-47 RIFFLE WITH TWO (2) ROUNDS OF 7.62mm AMMUNITION: Today Tuesday, 9/03/2021 at about 12:30hrs, Police patrol team attached to Safana Division while on routine patrol along Runka to Baure axis, exactly after Garin Tambari before reaching Illela Village had an encounter with bandits numbering about five, Armed with Ak-47 riffles. The team engaged the hoodlums in a fierce gun duel as a result of which one of the bandits was neutralized and his Ak-47 riffle with 2 rounds of 7.62mm live ammunition were recovered. Investigation is ongoing.
2. ARREST OF A MEMBER OF NOTORIOUS SYNDICATE OF BANDITS/ARMED ROBBERS/KIDNAPPERS AND RECOVERY OF ONE FABRICATED REVOLVER RIFLE:- On 25/02/2021 based on a tip off, the Command succeeded in arresting one Lawal Umar, ‘M’, alias “Bammi”, aged 35years of Tsaskiya Village Safana LGA, a notorious bandit and a member of kidnap for ransome syndicate. In the course of investigation suspect confessed to have participated in several attacks on villages in Safana, Dutsinma and Charanchi LGA of Katsina State. Suspect confessed to have participated in the kidnapping of village head of Radda, Charanchi LGA, in which they shot and killed the junior brother of the village head one ALH Aminu Umar ‘m’ aged 60years. Further more, he confessed to have received the sum of one million naira as his own share of the ransome they collected from the relatives of the village head before his release. He confessed to be a member of the camp of one notorious bandit’s leader Tukur Mai Kusa who is on the Command wanted list. A locally fabricated revolver Rifle and a motorcycle were also recovered during the course of investigation.
SP GAMBO ISAH
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
KATSINA STATE COMMAND
EKITI STATE POLICE COMMAND
PRESS BRIEFING/PARADING OF SUSPECTS
Gentlemen of the press, I am delighted to once again, welcome you to today’s press briefing that is aimed at keeping you abreast on some of the recent operations and achievements recorded by the Ekiti State Police Command.
In our continued determination in the fight against crimes and criminalities in the State, the Command, under the leadership of *CP TUNDE MOBAYO, psc* has successfully nabbed suspects in connection with different heinous crimes.
Some of the achievements of the Command in recent time are:
1. CASE OF CONSPIRACY, ARMED ROBBERY, MURDER AND UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF ARMS AND AMMUNITION:
On 04/03/2021 at about 0935hrs, upon information received, a team of *Rapid Response Squad(RRS)* Operatives swung into action and arrested one Falau Tope a.k.a *DISSO* at a black spot in Stadium Area, Akure, Ondo State. Items recovered from him at the scene of arrest include one cut to small size single barrel gun, two live cartridges, one stolen unregistered Boxer Bajaj Motorcycle and a shirt stained with blood. Falau Tope confessed to be the leader of the Armed robbery gang that attacked Mango Restaurant, Ido-Ekiti on 05/11/2019 and in the process, one Akinlade Sunday a.k.a *GENERAL* was shot dead. The suspect mentioned one Obamoyegun Dele and Ojo Tosin Sunkanmi who had earlier been arrested by the Police, charged to Court and currently being remanded at Federal Correctional Center, Ado-Ekiti. He also led the RRS team to the compound of one Ibrahim Azeez, a.k.a *DONGO* of Federal College of Agriculture, Akure, where he was arrested and another cut to small size single barrel gun was recovered. Further efforts and investigation intensified by the RRS team led to the arrest of one Afolabi Gbenga in Akure and one Sani Mohammed in Ilesa, Osun State as accomplice. Investigation also led to the arrest of one Bamidele Abiodun who was supplying ammunition to the gang. Upon fact findings, one Chief Dare Agbelusi was arrested as it was revealed that he initiated and sponsored the killing of Akinlade Sunday a.k.a GENERAL and has been aiding the gang in their criminal activities.
Once again, items/exhibits recovered from the syndicate are:
> two cut to small size single barrel guns
> two live cartridges
> one unregistered Boxer Bajaj Motorcycle
> one TVS Motorcycle and
> one shirt stained with blood
2. CASE OF ATTEMPT TO COMMIT FELONY TO WIT KIDNAPPING:
On 03/03/2021 at about 0910hrs, upon a reliable information received, the *Surveillance Team of the State Intelligence Bureau(S.I.B),* Ado-Ekiti, trailed and arrested one Akirun Peter Rotimi. The suspect was arrested in a Toyota Camry with tinted glasses. Upon his arrest, he could not give reasonable account of how he acquired the the Vehicle. It was discovered that the suspect has a recorded voice conversation with someone where they both conspired to attack New Iyin Police Station, kill the DPO and kidnap an Officer for a ransom of Five Million Naira(N5,000,000:00) to be used to purchase a Mercedes Benz Car. Further findings revealed that the suspect intended to launch an attack on Ikorodu Police Station, Lagos State for the rescue of one Alhaji who was arrested and detained in the Cell. It was also discovered that the suspect belong to one of the notorious gangs of kidnappers terrorising innocent members of the public in Ekiti State.
3. CASE OF IMPERSONATION:
On 01/03/2021 at about 1439hrs, information was received that a group of suspected fake Naval Officers were parading themselves in a manner likely to cause breach of peace in Igede-Ekiti. Based on the information, the Command’s Operatives swung into action and mobilized to the scene. On getting to the scene, one Ogundayomi Ajayi, Arojojoye Adewumi, Adebayo Olusola and Lamide Osheiza, all natives of Ijebu-Jesa, Osun State, were found wearing Nigeria Navy Uniform and claimed to be members of the Nigeria Merchant Navy Caster Defence Force. It was discovered that the said organisation was among the proscribed Security Outfits by the Official Gazette of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, No58, Vol.100 of 2013. Investigation revealed that the suspects conspired and impersonated to be Officials of a legally constituted organisation with the motive of extorting innocent members of the public.
4. CASE OF STEALING:
On 12/02/2021 at about 1045hrs, a reliable information received revealed that one Sanusi Ismaila, a resident of Iworoko-Ekiti, was found to be in possession of household properties reasonably suspected to be stolen. Upon the receipt of the information, a team of RRS swung into action and mobilized to the scene where the suspect was arrested. Open the arrest of the suspect, items such as 2000 pieces of clothes, 300 pieces of window blinds, 400 Wrist Watches, 150 Calculators, 100 Power Banks, 200 pairs of shoes, 30 pieces of game pads, 100 phones, 100 female bags, 200 extension sockets, 150 television remote controls, 100 phone chargers, 300 torch lights, 300 female brassieres, a big sack containing 20 pots, a basket containing female make up cosmetics and 30 perfume bottles were recovered. It was discovered that all the items mentioned belong to over eighteen(18) students of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti. Investigation revealed that the suspect has no reasonable means of livelihood rather than engaging in criminality.
Undoubtedly, as soon as investigations are concluded, all the suspects arrested shall be charged to Court for prosecution.
The Command wishes to appreciate the members of the public, especially the good spirited members of the public, whose useful and timely information supplied have led to these wonderful achievements.
We also thank the Ekiti State government, under the leadership of the amiable Governor, *DR JOHN KAYODE FAYEMI,* whose constant trust and support have propelled the Police and other law enforcement agencies to effectively discharge their statutory duties.
The Command also appreciate the military, DSS and other Security Agencies, including the Amotekun, OPC, Vigilantees, Hunters as well as the traditional rulers for their supports and cooperation in the fight against crimes and criminalities in the State.
And to the members of the Press, thank you once again for your partnership and the display of professionalism in your reportage which has strengthened the peaceful atmosphere currently being enjoyed in the State.
The Command urges everyone to continue to be law abiding citizens, be conscious, vigilant and report any adverse incident or happening around your environs to the nearest Police Station or call 08062335577
God bless the Ekitikete!
God bless the Nigeria Police Force!
God bless Nigeria!
ASP ABUTU SUNDAY
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
*FOR:* COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
EKITI STATE COMMAND
MAIDEN PRESS CONFERENCE AS THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE BAUCHI STATE COMMAND
Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, you are welcome to my maiden press conference as the Commissioner of Police Bauchi State Command.
1. First and foremost, I would like to give thanks to GOD for granting me the strength, knowledge, ability and opportunity to stand before you today as the Commissioner of Police Bauchi State Command. My deep appreciation goes to the Inspector General of Police IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, NPM, mni, for finding me worthy of this deployment.
2. My appreciation also goes to my predecessors for the good work done while policing the state.
3. I equally want to thank the personnel of this Command for their relentless efforts in policing the State in spite of the hazardous nature of our job.
4. Generally, the objective of policing is clearly highlighted in the law enforcement code of ethics and as a law enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is:
a) To serve mankind
b) To safeguard lives and property,
c) To protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence and disorder, and
d) To respect the constitutional right of all to liberty, equality and justice.
5. The objectives of modern policing/crime control in line with global best practice is to amongst others contribute towards the creation or reinforcement of trust and confidence building in communities.
6. These core and general objectives would constitute our collective and individual responsibilities to ensure that there is law and order and that crime is prevented or effectively controlled within the ambit of law and particularly respect for human rights while carrying out our onerous task of policing the state.
7. Our strategy would generally be driven by ‘integrated intelligence-led community policing which transcends just law enforcement to embrace human security and development services achievable through required expertise and holistic community support.
8. Our policing shall be driven by core knowledge and guided by intelligence at strategic, operational and tactical levels. Our modus operandi will therefore be proactive, preventive and in some cases reactive and this will be conducted within the context of public ownership, partnership, participation, problem solving and community support towards general security.
9. We will integrate the elements of key modern crime control and conflict management in our policing efforts. These methods are directed at prolific offender management, crime hot spots policing and managing major public gathering and crime prone events within dedicated systems of community partnership e.g intelligence-led patrol systems, Hotspot policing and intelligence-led operations etc.
10. The actionable intelligence and community policing methods shall be directed at effective prevention of crime and violent conflict and decisive response capabilities.
11. We shall therefore identify our respective and collective Area of Responsibilities (AORs) in terms of geographical areas, demography, social, economic crime maps of the areas and command to guide intelligence-led operations.
12. Our investigation of cases will be evidence based and intelligence driven.
13. We shall establish a robust and healthy relationship and partnership with all sister security agencies and stakeholders in the community we are serving at all levels towards crime prevention, community problem solving and ensuring community security by visibility policing.
14. We shall, towards achieving all these organize local training and retraining of our personnel on required operational skills and knowledge.
15. Our men have been lectured to shun any act of indiscipline, corruption, unprofessional or unethical behaviors as they will be accountable for their actions and inactions in the course of their duties.
16. In our resolved to ensure that our personnel perform their duty efficiently with sound health, I have already directed the Command Medical Officer to embark on tour to all Police Area Commands, Divisions and Formations to check the health status of our personnel and immediately administer treatment where necessary as it is only a healthy and mentally stable person that can actually face the rigour of policing.
17. On our part as the command management, we shall work hard within the available resources to provide the personnel with all necessary stimulus and guidance for effective performance.
18. By the grace of almighty God, we shall collectively rise in vigorous and courageous effort towards surmounting emerging security challenges in accordance with the vision of the Inspector-General of Police and by extension the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
19. I therefore request your genuine cooperation, dedication and support in our collective endeavour to deliver on the onerous task of serving our people in Bauchi State in particular and the nation in general.
20. Once more, I remain grateful to the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, NPM, mni for finding me worthy to be deployed to this command. And I equally want to thank you for finding time out of your tight schedule to be here for this press conference.
Thank you for your attention and God bless
CP SYLVESTER ABIODUN ALABI, psc,mnim fdc,
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
BAUCHI STATE COMMAND
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
209 days 19 hours 59 minutes 53 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
191 days 21 hours 41 minutes 18 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com