• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home Security Military Investigating Claims of Mass Abduction In Borno
  • Security

Military Investigating Claims of Mass Abduction In Borno

By
By Prnigeria
-
December 19, 2014
The Nigerian Military High Command says it was yet to verify reports of alleged kidnap of scores of villagers in Borno State earlier this week but says its officers were investigating as well as patrolling the area in search of terrorists.
According to a statement on the Defence Headquarters blog, “troops are patrolling the general area of Gumsuri in search of terrorists who were said to have attacked the community last weekend. Although it has been confirmed that some people were killed by the terrorists during the attack, the reported abductions as claimed by unidentified sources being quoted in some foreign media is yet to be verified from any credible sources in the community.
“Some of the villagers who fled during the attack have started returning to the village. Normal life has also returned to the area. The surveillance and patrol of the area by air and land forces has been stepped up to secure the general area.
“Troops have been ordered to sustain an aggressive patrol over the area and the surrounding communities in order to ensure that terrorists do not have any freedom of action in the area while the counter-terrorism campaign continues.”
There have been conflicting media reports mainly from foreign sources alleging that a conflicting number of citizens were kidnapped by terrorists earlier this week.
While some claimed that it happened on Sunday, others said the raid was conducted on Wednesday.
Again, while some sources put the figure at 100, some others said it was as high as 200.
By PRNigeria
PRNigeria encourages institutions to be transparent in their information management as it provides news items from authoritative sources for free use by the media
VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
Previous articleFG Directed Disco To Patronise Local Manufacturers
Next articleEnergy Correspondents Part Of Power Family – Nebo
By Prnigeria
By Prnigeria
https://prnigeria.com/

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

Guests and Participants at PRNigeria Young Communication FellowshipAbuja

IPRA Endorses National Spokespersons Awards as FG, NUJ Commend PRNigeria Fellowship

UNODC Hails Kaduna as National Benchmark for Drug Prevention, Treatment

JUST IN: Army Rescues 7 Abducted Victims in Kano Community

VIDEO NIGHT OP: How NAF Air Strikes Decimated Terrorist Bases in Katsina and ISWAP on Chibok

Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, Taraba

Muhammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister for Defence

North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint

PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno

President Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs at Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano

Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7

NAF logo

NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services

Trump, Ribadu, Saudi Prince and Pete Hegseth

Genocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu’s Team and the Saudi Prince

Troops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing Terrorists

Director General, Major General Babatunde Alaya, Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, and President of DMG event, Christopher Hudson,

DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • Tinubu Promises Ruthless Pursuit of State Enemies, Commends Ex-Gov Audu’s Leadership
  • Governor Yusuf Bags CREED Award, Reaffirms Commitment to Justice and Urban Renewal
  • Pantami, Mujaddadi Foundations Partner to Train Bauchi Youths in AI and Cybersecurity
  • IPRA Endorses National Spokespersons Awards as FG, NUJ Commend PRNigeria Fellowship
  • UNODC Hails Kaduna as National Benchmark for Drug Prevention, Treatment
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
Tinubu Promises Ruthless Pursuit of State Enemies, Commends Ex-Gov Audu’s LeadershipGovernor Yusuf Bags CREED Award, Reaffirms Commitment to Justice and Urban RenewalPantami, Mujaddadi Foundations Partner to Train Bauchi Youths in AI and CybersecurityIPRA Endorses National Spokespersons Awards as FG, NUJ Commend PRNigeria FellowshipUNODC Hails Kaduna as National Benchmark for Drug Prevention, TreatmentJUST IN: Army Rescues 7 Abducted Victims in Kano CommunityVIDEO NIGHT OP: How NAF Air Strikes Decimated Terrorist Bases in Katsina and ISWAP on ChibokTroops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, TarabaNorth-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security BlueprintPHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in BornoTinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7Fani-Kayode Slams Trump's Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign ConspiracyNo Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria - Hassan KukahHow Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto CaliphateSPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in Nigeria
X whatsapp