Police Nab IPOB Members with Massob Flags
On the 21/05/2019 at about 11pm, there was a report that indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) came out in large number moving around with dangerous weapons and at the same time hoisting flags of the proscribed group on poles and billboards along Asaba-onitsha express way in Onitsha.
2. Following the report, Police operatives rushed to the scene in order to prevent them from mounting the flags but they engaged the Police with catapults and stones.
2. However,12 suspects were arrested and over fifty flags with different inscriptions of IPOB/MASSOB and Biafran independent movements (BIM) recovered as exhibits.
3. Consequently, on the 22/05/2019 at about 7am, there was another intelligence report that some misguided elements suspected to be IPOB Members were sighted at various locations mounting Biafran Flags along Ekwulobia -Uga road in Aguata LGA of Anambra State.
4. Police patrol teams pursued them and arrested twelve suspects while others escaped.
5. Exhibits recovered includes 72 Biafran FLAGS and items with biafran inscriptions. Case under investigation.
6. It would be recalled that the Indigenous People of biafra (IPOB) is still a proscribed organisation and all its activities remains illegal. Therefore the Command will not relent in it’s efforts of enforcing law and order in the State.
SP Haruna Mohammed,
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO)Anambra State Command.
For- Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
94 days 9 hours 23 minutes 51 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
76 days 11 hours 5 minutes 16 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com