How Nigerian Troops Artillery, Aerial Bombardments Neutralized Boko Haram, Bandits in Yobe, Katsina States
1. The gallant roops of Sector 2 OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE in a subsidiary operation named OPERATION KANTANA JIMLAN at about 181830hrs April 2020 in a clinically executed operation responded to a Boko Haram/ISWAP attack on Buni Gari Village in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State. During the decisive operation by the troops of Sector 2, over Ten terrorists were neutralized. Several weapons were captured which include : One Gun truck, One Duska Anti Aircraft gun, Three GPMG, One PKT gun, Three AK 47 rifles, Large cache of ammunition, ammunition links and assorted types of hard drugs. Troops morale and fighting efficiency remain high.
2. During the fire fight which was won by our gallant troops there was no casualty and no loss of equipment on our side. The Armed Forces of Nigeria remain resolute and highly committed to end the Boko Haram insurgency. The general public is requested to continue to provide timely and credible information for the enhancement of our operations.
Defence Media Operations
18 April 2020
1. The Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI has inflicted further damages on armed bandits in Katsina State by disrupting their attack on inhabitants of Kurechi and Qurzan Maikuka Villages of Dutsin-Ma Local Government Area of the State today, 18 April 2020. This occurred when a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Agusta 109E (M) helicopter, which was providing close air support to troops of the Land Component operating West of Gusau in Zamfara State, was redirected to Kurechi and Qurzan Maikuka following reports of an armed bandits’ attack on civilians at the 2 communities.
2. The helicopter arrived the scene and engaged the bandits, neutralizing some of them while few others escaped with injuries. Thus, the 2 communities were rescued as a result of the operation.
3. In a related development, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, is scheduled to hold a meeting tomorrow, 19 April 2020, with Air Officers Commanding Operational Commands as well as the Commander of the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and Air Component Commanders of various Theatres of Operations across the Country to work out strategies for enhancing NAF’s support for all Internal Security Operations.
4. The Armed Forces of Nigeria wishes to thank all Nigerians for their support and encourages the general public to continue providing useful information that would facilitate its operations to restore peace and security to all affected parts of the Country.
Coordinator Defence Media Operations
18 April 2020