• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home General Dasuki Challenges FG for Disobeying Court’s Orders
  • General
  • Security

Dasuki Challenges FG for Disobeying Court’s Orders

By
Prnigeria
-
January 22, 2016
Ex-NSA Sambo Dasuki
Ex-NSA Sambo Dasuki

Col+Sambo+Dasuki+(rtd)+NSASeeks Compliance of FG to Obey Bails Granted him …

 Former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) has challenged the audacity of the federal government to put him on trial on the alleged mismanagement of fund meant for purchase of arms.

He told an Abuja High Court yesterday that government has no moral and legal rights now to prosecute him having been in contempt of three high courts that admitted him on bail but which were not obeyed.

When the matter came up today, defense counsel, Joseph Daudu SAN brought an “unless application” challenging the disobedience of the Federal Government to the earlier bail granted Dasuki.

Daudu submitted that the Federal Government cannot go ahead with the trial, having disobeyed an order of court which granted bail to the accused person.

He added that a party who disobeyed the order of the court cannot come back to the same court with a request or indulgence.

In the application, Dasuki is praying for an order of court prohibiting the Federal Government from further prosecuting him on the N19 billion alleged fraud or any other charge or seeking any form of indulgence before any court in the country, until the order admitting him to bail is obeyed.

He also wants an order discharging him of all the offenses contained in the charge on ground that the charge cannot not lawfully‎ prosecuted by a government that is in brazen disobedient of a lawful court order.

Alternatively, the ex NSA prays for an order staying further proceedings in the charge until he has exhausted the remedies available to him in law for the enforcement of his right to liberty as preserved by the bail order granted him.

However, Prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Jacobs SAN noted the defense is employing a delay tactic in order to stall the trial.

In their own submissions, counsel to the 2nd and 3rd defendants, Chief Akin Olujinmi SAN and Solomon Umor told the court that they were just served in court the processes filed by Dasuki and government and that they need time to study it.

They however prayed the court for an adjournment.

Justice Hussain Baba Yusuf consequently adjourned the case till February 4.

Other accused persons are former Director of Finanance and Administration in the Office of the NSA, Shuaibu Salisu, and a former Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Aminu Baba-Kusa, were present in court.

Read Also:

  • North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint
  • PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno
  • Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7

The case was earlier stalled on Thursday due to the absence of the defense counsel who wrote to the court that he had to be in Kogi state for an election petition matter.

The court had on Thursday compelled the Federal Government to produce Dasuki to answer criminal charges brought against him.

The trial judge, Justice Baba Yusuf had earlier chided the federal government over its failure to bring Dasuki to court.

The court at that point stood down the trial for two hours and insisted that the trial will not be conducted until Dasuki had been brought before him as required by law.

Security operatives who had taken the accused person to custody in the past six weeks went to bring him out when the reality downed on them that the Judge will not shift position.

Dasuki was however brought to the court around 11:00am in compliance with the court order under a tight security.

But the trial could not go ahead because of the absence of his counsel.

‎It will be recalled that Justice Baba Yusuf had on December 18, 2015 granted bail to Dasuki and the rest of his co-accused bail in the sum of N250m with one surety in relation to 19 counts of misappropriation of about N32bn meant for purchase of arms.

Also on December 21, 2015 Justice Peter Affen granted bail to Dasuki and his co-defendants with respect to another sent 22 counts of misappropriation of ‎about N13bn, which was part of the arms fund, in the sum of N250m with two sureties in like sum.

But upon being released from prison after meeting the bail conditions, he was reportedly re-arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services.

It is also recalled that Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had on Wednesday ordered the federal government to produce Dasuki before him on February 16 to answer another sets of criminal charges.

Justice Ademola maintained that it was wrong of the government to have expected the court to conduct a criminal trial in the absence of the defendant and in violation of the law.

By PRNigeria

PRNigeria encourages institutions to be transparent in their information management as it provides news items from authoritative sources for free use by the media
VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • Abuja High Court
  • Chief Akin Olujinmi SAN and Solomon Umor
  • Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd)
  • Federal Government Nigeria
Previous article‘FG is committed to revamping the entire Aviation architecture in the country’ – Hadi Sirika
Next articleNigerian troops kill 63 terrorists in a Week
Prnigeria
Prnigeria
https://prnigeria.com
PRNigeria is the pioneer Press Release Distribution agency in Nigeria. A member of image Merchant Promotions limited, PRNigeria encourages individuals and organisations to be more transparent in their information management. with dedicated Editorial staffs, the PRNigeria ensures that information provided on its platforms are timely, factual and authoritative Read more at: //prnigeria.com/about/
Facebook Twitter

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, Taraba

Muhammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister for Defence

North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint

PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno

President Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs at Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano

Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7

Picture of Trump and Femi Fani Kayode

Fani-Kayode Slams Trump’s Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign Conspiracy

IMPR's Founder and Editor-in-Chief of PRNigeria, Alhaji Yashau Shuaib (right), the DG of NAN, Ali M. Ali (making a presentation to one of the new PRNigeria Communication Fellows), and the President of NUJ, Alhassan Yahya (left) in a group photo at the event.

FG, NUJ Harp on Media Integrity as PRNigeria Inducts 10 New Communication Fellows

NAF logo

NAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services

Trump, Ribadu, Saudi Prince and Pete Hegseth

Genocide Claim: President Trump, Ribadu’s Team and the Saudi Prince

Troops Repel ISWAP Attack in Chibok as NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Scores of Fleeing Terrorists

Director General, Major General Babatunde Alaya, Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, and President of DMG event, Christopher Hudson,

DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder

CP Ibrahim Adamu Bakori of Kano State

Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m

Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, Taraba
  • North-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security Blueprint
  • PHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in Borno
  • Tinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7
  • Fani-Kayode Slams Trump’s Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign Conspiracy
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
Troops Eliminate 4 Armed Militia, Recover Weapons  in Karim Lamido, TarabaNorth-West Summit: Badaru Unveils Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Security BlueprintPHOTO: Army Rescues 12 Teenage Girls Abducted by Boko Haram/ISWAP in BornoTinubu Commissions 1,187 ASPs as Nigeria Police Academy Graduates Regular Course 7Fani-Kayode Slams Trump's Nigeria Comments, Alleges Foreign ConspiracyNo Evidence of Christian Persecution, Genocide in Nigeria - Hassan KukahHow Musa and Asabe Gwabin Nurtured a CDS in the Sokoto CaliphateSPECIAL REPORT: Nnamdi Kanu and the Hard Realities of Prison Rights in NigeriaMuslim Women Group Praises Rescue of Kebbi Schoolgirls, Calls for Immediate Action in Niger StateVP Shettima: Education is Nigeria's "Immune System," Declares Commitment to Increased FundingIlorin Emirate Youth Hail AVM Lanre Ibrahim Oluwatoyin (Rtd.) for Deepening Space Research, Education ProjectsFG, NUJ Harp on Media Integrity as PRNigeria Inducts 10 New Communication FellowsBREAKING: Tinubu Nominates Fani-Kayode, Reno Omokri, 30 Others as Ambassadors, Seeks Senate ConfirmationTinubu Appoints Mahmud, Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Others as AmbassadorsNAF Graduates New Specialists to Strengthen Air Operations, Health Services
X whatsapp