Ag. IGP IBRAHIM IDRIS DEPLOYS A DIG AND ASSURES ADEQUATE ELECTION SECURITY
The Inspector General of Police, Ag. IGP Ibrahim Idris committed to ensuring that the 10th September, 2016 Governorship Election in Edo State is conducted in accordance to the electoral law, in an atmosphere of peace and security, has deployed a deputy Inspector General of Police, assisted by an Assistant Inspector General of Police and three commissioners of Police to coordinate the security operations, supervise the deployment of security personnel and facilitate the electoral process throughout the State.
2. In order to ensure safety of life and property before, during and after the election, the IGP has approved the deployment of additional twenty five thousand [25,000] Police personnel, comprising the Police Mobile Force [PMF], the Counter Terrorism Units [CTU], the Anti bomb Squad [EOD], the Marine Police, Conventional policemen, the Armament Units, Personnel from Force criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department [FCIID], Force Intelligence Bureau [FIB] and the Sniffer Dog Section.
3. In addition, the Police Aerial Surveillance Helicopters and Gun Boats, ten  additional Armoured Personnel Carriers and five hundred and fifty patrol vehicles will be deployed, to cover all the polling units, rack centers, collating centres, Riverine areas and difficult terrains.
4. As part of additional measures at guaranteeing a credible election which outcome will be generally acceptable, the IGP will convene a Peace Accord Meeting of all the political parties, candidates, INEC officials, Election Observers and other stakeholders before the date of the election in Benin City, Edo State. This meeting will focus on the overall desirability of peace during the election and adherence to the rules of the game.
5. All Police Personnel and other complementing Sister Security Agencies are under strict instructions to be professionally polite and civil but firm in the discharge of their statutory duties. They are to provide adequate security for the electorates, INEC officials, electoral materials, election observers and all stakeholders throughout the period of the election.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, political parties and their leader, Traditional Rulers, community Leaders, Parents and guardians are advised to warn and prevail on their members, supporters, subjects, children and wards to be law abiding and not allow themselves to be used as canon folders to cause disturbance of the peace or disruption of the electoral process. The spirit and letters of the law will be fully applied on any person or group of persons found violating the Electoral Act.
7. The Inspector General of Police therefore wishes to assure the Edo electorates and all law abiding citizens of adequate security throughout the elections. He enjoins them to cooperate with Police in the discharge of their duties as the security personnel will operate within the framework of Democratic Policing.
DCP Don N. Awunah, fsi
Force Public Relations Officer,
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
96 days 2 hours 54 minutes 26 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
78 days 4 hours 35 minutes 51 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com