• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home Security Reps Commence Investigation into Jon-Ode Arms Probe Panel
  • Security

Reps Commence Investigation into Jon-Ode Arms Probe Panel

By
Prnigeria
-
May 22, 2017
AVM Jon Ode Ibrahim Magu
L-R AVM Jon Ode Ibrahim Magu

Jon Ode AVMReps Commence Investigation into Jon-Ode Arms Probe Panel
Barring any further hitches, the Joint Committee of House of Representatives investigating the Jon-Ode led Presidential Arms Probe Panel will commence the public hearing on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at the National Assembly Complex, Abuja.

The Chairman Public Safety, National Security and Intelligence, Hon. Aminu Sani Jaji told PRNigeria that said arrangements have been concluded to conduct the hearing.

Jaji said the Joint Committee comprising Committees of National Security and Intelligence and Public Procurement was set up after a lot of petitions were received by the Lower Chamber against the presidential investigating panel established by the government.

He said: “The Presidency set up a presidential committee on armed procurement and the Office of the National Security Adviser also set up another verification committee to ascertain some of the claims.

“So far what the committees have submitted, based on the information in the public domain are preliminary reports rather than full and comprehensive report.

“Findings have further shown that very few claims of the firms involved in arms procurement have so far been verified while nothing is being done on others.”

“As you are aware the National Assembly has received a lot of petitions and complaints over the conducts of the panel and activities of the firms being probed. We are also inundated with complaints that the inability of the panel to submit its reports has led to the failure of the government to pay arms contractors for their work and is affecting military operation.

“Meanwhile there are also allegations that some of the contracts awarded to the firms were outrageous, apart from the fact that many did not follow due process and yet others received payment without carrying the job”

PRNigeria recalls that the lower chamber of the National Assembly, mandated a Joint Committee on National Security and Intelligence and Public Procurement to investigate the Jon-Ode led Presidential Arms probe panel which was recently disbanded by the federal government.

The Joint Committee chaired by both Hon. Aminu Sani Jaji of Committee on National Security and Intelligence and Hon. Oluwole Oke of the Committee on Public Procurement had recently called for submission of written memoranda/position papers from top government officials and 241 firms.

Read Also:

  • UNICAL Scandal: ICPC Reads Riot Act to Sexual Predators in High Places  
  • DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder
  • VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest

Those officially invited to make submissions of their memoranda include the Chairman and members of the Jon-ode Arms Probe Panel, National Security Adviser (NSA), Defense Minister, Finance Minister, Interior Minister, Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Accountant General of the Federation and Auditor General of the Federation.

Others invited include Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Service Chiefs and Ex-Service Chiefs from 2010 to 2016, Director General, Department of State Service (DSS), Director General, National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Acting Chairman Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Director General Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, Director General of the Pension Commission (PENCOM), Director General Industrial Training Fund and Managing Director Social Insurance Trust Fund.

The arm probe panel was inaugurated in 2015 by the Presidency to investigate procurement of hardware and ammunitions in the Armed Forces from 2007 to 2015 and to identify irregularities and make recommendations for streamlining the procurement process in the military.

The panel had submitted its first interim report in November 2015 while it presented the second report in January 2016 following which President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate some serving and retired military officers, mainly from the Nigerian Air Force (NAF).

The President also directed investigations on the roles of the officers as well as some companies and their directors in fundamental breaches associated with the procurements by the Office of the National Security Adviser and the Nigerian Air Force. During their investigations, some members of the arm probe panel were accused of receiving bribes from individuals and companies that were being probed by the same panel. One of the members was later arrested and detained by Department State Service for money-laundering and illegal possession of firearms.

Meanwhile, some serving security officials also accused the panel of merely criminalizing critical institutions and indicting groups and individuals through media trials without being arraigned in courts of competent jurisdiction where the accused could defend themselves. Apart from Jon Ode who was the Chairman, other members of the disbanded arms probe panel, include Rear Admiral J.A. Aikhomu (retd.); Rear Admiral. E. Ogbor (retd.); Brig.-Gen. L. Adekagun (retd.); Brig.-Gen. M. Aminu-Kano (retd.); Brig.-Gen. N. Rimtip (retd.); Cdre T.D. Ikoli; Air Cdre U. Mohammed (retd.); Air Cdre I. Shafi’i; Col. A.A. Ariyibi; Group Capt C.A. Oriaku (rtd.); Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu and Brig-Gen Y.I. Shalangwa as its Secretary.

By PRNigeria

VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • Aminu Sani Jaji
  • Jon Ode
  • Presidential Arms Probe Panel
Previous articleEFCC after my life – Ex-Naval Chief Jibrin Raises Alarm
Next article“Let Justice Run Its Course”- EFCC’s Zonal Head Tells Protesters
Prnigeria
Prnigeria
https://prnigeria.com/

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

Director General, Major General Babatunde Alaya, Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, and President of DMG event, Christopher Hudson,

DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder

CP Ibrahim Adamu Bakori of Kano State

Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m

Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations

Nigerian Army

Army Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-Up

Navy Launches Exercise OMI AILEWU 2025 to Boost Maritime Security

Police Service Commission

PSC, Police Move to Recruit 30,000 Policemen, Inaugurate Joint Committee

Troops of Nigerian Army after successfully foiling an ambush by Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists

Troops Foil Bandit Attack in Sokoto as Police Arrest Kidnappers in Niger State

Seal of the Nigerian Senate

Akpabio Dissolves Senate Committees on National Security and Intelligence, Air Force

the Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), Vice Admiral Idi Abbas

Nigerian Navy Elevates 15 Rear Admirals, 31 Commodores, 81 Others

NAF logo

NAF Promotes 27 AVMs, 30 Air Commodores

Customs, Gambia Revenue Authority Seal AEO Collaboration

Customs, Gambia Revenue Authority Seal AEO Collaboration

CP Ibrahim Adamu Bakori of Kano State

Kano Police Deploys Additional Operatives to Secure Communities, Schools

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • UNICAL Scandal: ICPC Reads Riot Act to Sexual Predators in High Places  
  • DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder
  • VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest
  • Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m
  • Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
UNICAL Scandal: ICPC Reads Riot Act to Sexual Predators in High Places  DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in GunpowderVP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to RestKano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28mTroops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno OperationsArmy Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-UpPRNigeria’s Factchecker Wins Best Open Source Intelligence Award in West AfricaNavy Launches Exercise OMI AILEWU 2025 to Boost Maritime SecurityPSC, Police Move to Recruit 30,000 Policemen, Inaugurate Joint CommitteeTroops Foil Bandit Attack in Sokoto as Police Arrest Kidnappers in Niger StateAkpabio Dissolves Senate Committees on National Security and Intelligence, Air ForceNigerian Navy Elevates 15 Rear Admirals, 31 Commodores, 81 OthersNAF Promotes 27 AVMs, 30 Air CommodoresCustoms PR Unit Shines at CGC Award Night as Kano/Jigawa Command Clinches Multiple HonoursCustoms, Gambia Revenue Authority Seal AEO Collaboration
X whatsapp