• Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Search
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
Sign in
Welcome! Log into your account
Forgot your password? Get help
Password recovery
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
PRNIGERIA PRNigeria News
PRNIGERIA PRNIGERIA
  • Home
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Fact-Check
  • Economy
  • National
  • Security
  • Features
  • State
  • Event
  • E-Book
Home General Diezani’s N7.6bn Finally Forfeited to Govt by Court Order
  • General

Diezani’s N7.6bn Finally Forfeited to Govt by Court Order

By
Wilson Uwujaren
-
August 28, 2017
PRNigeria logo fearured image
Diezani-Alison-Madueke
Diezani-Alison-Madueke

A Federal High Court in Lagos has ordered permanent forfeiture of N 7, 644, 700, 000.00 belonging to former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, to the Federal Government.

Read Also:

  • DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder
  • VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest
  • Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m
The money which  is reasonable suspected to be proceeds of illegal activities was traced by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to an account in a new generation bank. It is said to among monies allegedly stashed in several local banks by the former minister.
Today’s ruling by Justice Abdulaziz Anka followed an application by the EFCC seeking the final forfeiture of the money to the federal government. This came on the heels of the interim forfeiture order by Justice  Chuka Obiozor of the Federal High court in which he mandated the Commission to public a notice in the media requesting any interested party to show cause within two weeks, why the money should not be permanently forfeited to the federal government.
At the hearing on Monday, Counsel to EFCC, Rotimi Oyedepo, informed the Court that the interim order had been published in a national newspaper as directed and no one contested the forfeiture order.
Urging the court to order a permanent forfeiture of the funds, Oyedepo said, “ I pray my Lord to forfeit this money to the Federal Government of Nigeria for it to be utilized for Nigerians, since no one is willing to contest this application.
Delivering  his judgement on the application, Justice Anka held that, “In the face of the publication, which I find before me, and there being no responses from any interested party, I have no other option but to grant the orders as prayed”.
This final forfeiture is coming few days after the same Judge ordered an interim forfeiture of properties worth $21,392,224 linked to the former minister.
Wilson Uwujaren
Head, Media and Publicity
28 August, 2017
VISIT OUR OTHER WEBSITES
PRNigeria.com EconomicConfidential.com PRNigeria.com/Hausa/
EmergencyDigest.com PoliticsDigest.ng TechDigest.ng
HealthDigest.ng SpokesPersonsdigest.com TeensDigest.ng
ArewaAgenda.com Hausa.ArewaAgenda.com YAShuaib.com
  • TAGS
  • Diezani Alison-Madueke
  • efcc
Previous articlePolice Arrest Brothers Speciliasing in Robbing Cab Operators 
Next articleStrike Action: Finally, ASUU, FG to Meet Again Tuesday Before Sallah
Wilson Uwujaren
Wilson Uwujaren
https://prnigeria.com
PRNigeria is the pioneer Press Release Distribution agency in Nigeria. A member of image Merchant Promotions limited, PRNigeria encourages individuals and organisations to be more transparent in their information management. with dedicated Editorial staffs, the PRNigeria ensures that information provided on its platforms are timely, factual and authoritative Read more at: //prnigeria.com/about/
Facebook Twitter

RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR

Customs, Gambia Revenue Authority Seal AEO Collaboration

Customs, Gambia Revenue Authority Seal AEO Collaboration

Air Marshal Sunday Kelvin Aneke, Chief of the Air Staff (CAS)

Air Chief Vows Continued Support for NDA in Producing Combat-Ready Officers

Nigeria Has Lost a Moral Compass – Tinubu Mourns Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi

Inspector-General of Police Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun

IGP Withdraws 11,566 VIP Escorts, Orders Nationwide Security Reinforcement

Nigeria, Qatar Strengthen Partnership to Transform Almajiri and Out-of-School Education

Nigeria, Qatar Strengthen Partnership to Transform Almajiri and Out-of-School Education

PHOTO CAPTION: Ogadigo (2nd left) and other re-elected EXCO members taking their oath of office for another term.

NIPR FCT Re-Elects Ogadigo as Chairman, Honours Achievers, Gifts Students

PRNigeria logo fearured image

Group Debunks Reps Committee’s ‘Trillion-Naira’ Allegations, Insists PIA on Track

DSS Witness Claims Tukur Mamu Negotiated Ransom Payments for Terrorists, Not Federal Government

NIPR President, Ike Neliaku

Mind What You Post, NIPR President tells UNIAbuja Students at Mentorship Workshop

Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission. Image: NUPRC | X

CEMSR Hails NUPRC, Komolafe for Transforming Oil Sector

Minister of State for Defence, Bello Muhammed Matawalle,, in handshake after briefing President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Group Hails Tinubu, Matawalle Over Swift Rescue of 24 Kebbi Schoolgirls

Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo and COAS Waidi Shaibu

COAS Shaibu Hosts Ododo, Assures Kogi of Stronger Military Support Against Insecurity

LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply

Log in to leave a comment

Recent Posts

  • DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in Gunpowder
  • VP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to Rest
  • Kano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28m
  • Troops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno Operations
  • Army Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-Up
  • Home
  • About
  • Adverts
  • Contact
© 2020 PRNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Latest News
DICON Targets 30m Ammunition Rounds Annually, Eyes Self-Sufficiency in GunpowderVP Shettima, Ribadu, Atiku Lead Dignitaries as Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi is Laid to RestKano Police Arrest Transborder Crime Financier, Recover N15.28mTroops Arrest 22 Terror Logistics Suppliers, Eliminate Terrorist in Separate Borno OperationsArmy Elevates 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels in Major Leadership Shake-UpPRNigeria’s Factchecker Wins Best Open Source Intelligence Award in West AfricaNavy Launches Exercise OMI AILEWU 2025 to Boost Maritime SecurityPSC, Police Move to Recruit 30,000 Policemen, Inaugurate Joint CommitteeTroops Foil Bandit Attack in Sokoto as Police Arrest Kidnappers in Niger StateAkpabio Dissolves Senate Committees on National Security and Intelligence, Air ForceNigerian Navy Elevates 15 Rear Admirals, 31 Commodores, 81 OthersNAF Promotes 27 AVMs, 30 Air CommodoresCustoms PR Unit Shines at CGC Award Night as Kano/Jigawa Command Clinches Multiple HonoursCustoms, Gambia Revenue Authority Seal AEO CollaborationKano Police Deploys Additional Operatives to Secure Communities, Schools
X whatsapp